Subscribe Today

Arctic Cat MC 1000 super lemon

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby mountmyzr » January 31st, 2005, 2:16 pm

My 2001 Mc 1000 that i bought new has just over 1000 miles on it and in that time it has gone through 3 primary clutchs ,1 complete drivetrain,and now its has gone through its second cam bearing.I've tried to sell it no luck before it broke im thinking that it has to be a bent cam,but the dealer swears that the cam was true when it was replaced 2 years ago.I dont now what to do with it,any suggestions.
:C[blue][/blue]
mountmyzr

Postby vwbuggyman » February 1st, 2005, 10:11 am

I can't believe that you would still have that sled after all that. It's true, some machines are just lemons. They will never work right no matter what you do. It happens with everything; cars, boats, sleds, ATV's, jet skis, everything.

Trade it in at a different dealer and buy a new sled. Don't keep wasting money on a piece of trash like that.

But seriously, get rid of it. You will be so relieved when you have a working sled.
vwbuggyman

Postby tcat2 » February 2nd, 2005, 5:46 pm

Well ... If you really want to get rid of it, I am looking for a long track Tcat to turn into a race sled. Since virtually no part of the drivetrain will be left stock, you might have what I am looking for. Let me know if you are interested in selling it.

Ken
Enfield, CT
Thundercatken@yahoo.com
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum