Subscribe Today

PMC North America

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

PMC North America

Postby Avenger_724 » August 12th, 2001, 6:39 am

Snowmobilers BEWARE! PLease read. I sent my 1993 ZR440 engine to PMC for rebuilding. It came back with the sleeve to small(wrong sleeve), and peen marks in the cooling jacket. Sent it back only to have it returned with the oil and water pump shaft not installed. Had to take it to Arctic Cat dealer to have installed only to find that crank case had to be split AGAIN to install shaft while apart they discovered metal shavings throughout ENTIRE ENGINE! End result engine had to be rebuilt again and all seals and gaskets replaced from Arctic Cat! From the beginning PMC charged me $999.00 on a quoted $799.00 price. Total cost for everything now at $1960.00 not including the fee for the lawyer I now have to get since they refuse to give ANY credit except the UPS fee(BIG DEAL). They seem to think that metal filings are OK to have in your engine they claim the engine could have run forever- Like thats a chance to take! They have little to NO snowmo. engine experience please do not make the same mistake I did! Their "If you can ride it,we can rebuild it" ad is far from the truth!
Avenger_724

PMC North America

Postby CatmanZR800 » August 12th, 2001, 11:05 am

Hey Avenger,

Does PMC have a WEB site? The guys & gals here in this forum sure can make it rough on them if you like. We'll send them e-mails (many) how "shotty" their business is. And we'll tell them that we'll spread the word like "wildfire" that they are bunch of crooks and should be shut down if they won't give your money back. A friend of mine is a lawyer and we can handle this matter legally where it won't backfire on you. Just give us all the go ahead to harass them without using threats.

This forum is like one big family, and we help each other out.
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

PMC North America

Postby NorthernSkunk » August 12th, 2001, 5:20 pm

Cool response catmanzr800, I was thinkin the same thing. It's also the first thing I have read about that place(PMC), doesn't sound good.

Catman I might have some questions about your sports bar stuff you are doin if ya didn't mind. Sometime. Like sledder to sledder. I am really wanting to come south for a ride this winter too.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

PMC North America

Postby CatmanZR800 » August 12th, 2001, 10:21 pm

Hey Northern Skunk!

Hey, any question you have on the Sports Bar, I'll be more than happy to help you out, buddy! Neighbors like you guys are, are always welcome and we're always willing to help you out. I'll have to ask you on sledding in Mantitoba too. The only time I'm in your province is when a bunch of friends and I do a trip up to Thunder Bay then to Winnipeg and back down in Corvettes. This is the September/October time period. We want to do a different route this year, probably Thunder Bay and up around Lake Superior and back. Can't wait to slam some good ol' Labatt's Crystal! Love that stuff!
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum