Subscribe Today

Rear Suspension Removal: 99zr500

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby GREENGOBLIN » September 12th, 2001, 2:20 am

Hey all, I was thinking of recharghing my fox shocks this year as they have never been done? I dont even know if they need to be done? The sled dosent bottom out but the ride is awfully ruff on the butt and lower back. Would recharged shocks help? If so, how hard is it to take out the rear suspension on this sled? I have done Skdoo's before but never AC. Is it relatively the same procedure?
Thnks in advance
GREENGOBLIN

Postby RacerX » September 12th, 2001, 2:41 pm

Should be the same. Loosen the track and remove the four bolts that hold it in. As for the Fox shocks they are supposed to be recharges every year for the best performance. If the ride is too rough, you might want to get them revalved for your weight and riding style. Most sled shops should be able to help you.
RacerX

Postby ZR500PA » September 12th, 2001, 9:20 pm

When you go to put the suspension back in take the tension off of the rear springs, This makes it easier to get the back bolts started. Don't forget to neverseize the bolts, and check your bearing for rust and grease the s**t out of it.
ZR500PA

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum