Subscribe Today

How many people from NY State here??

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby BadAttitude » October 16th, 2001, 2:14 am

Ohh forgot to tell Estranged to mellow out with the trail rulz,,,jeez,,its like he is an officer in an organized club or something!!!
Polaris All the Way Baby!!
Ride it like you STOLE it!
BadAttitude

Postby JOHN327 » October 16th, 2001, 7:33 am

FROM OTEGO NY I HAVE THE THE YAMAHA FROM HELL THAT DOES NOT START WHEN ITS HOT BETWEEN ALBANY NY
AND BINGHAMTON NY LET IT SNOW BYE
JOHN
JOHN327

Postby Drifthopper » October 17th, 2001, 3:22 am

Hey, Bad At, Someone's got to spread the word!
This riding before 12/15 is no joke! The club is working very hard to limil this. This year, along with our signs that state "No riding until deer season is over" the club is putting up large metal gates at certain narrow sections of the trail and at some of the bridges. These gates will be chained and locked until the morning of December 15. Just got off the phone with A.B. and we are going to print an article in the pennysaver warning snowmobilers that our trails do not legally open until the 15th, and anyone caught before than will be charged! But with the gates up, you won't be able to go no more than a few miles. The local restaurant (C.H.)he said that if it snows, and anyone comes in by sled before 12/15, he won't serve them. Landowner permission slips went out early Sept. most came back as yes, but there are a bunch (more than at the beginning of last season) that came back as no, or didn't respond yet. That puts A LOT of extra work on our trailheads, getting out and actually talking with these people, explaining how our insurance works and trying to get them to say yes. That along with brushhogging all the trails, two bridges that are going in (Ya, no more telephone poles, we're setting steel "I" beams now for any new bridges) Plus, even though the trails aren't open, the clubs will probably be signing and marking somewhere around Thanksgiving, and thats a big job in its self.
For those other than Bad At, Thanks for reading,
Both him and i belong to a truly dynamic club here in the southern tier, the club has a really great bunch of guys, VERY dedicated people, some whom take their personal time off from work to get trail work done for the up coming season. And at this time of year, everyone that helps out in the club has the same fever, to have the safest and best trails around, we all work together.

So, Riding before 12/15 is a big NO, NO.
We must have respect for our landowners, some of these guys own land for one reason: To deer hunt.
And they love to hunt as much as we like to snowmobile.

Support your local club!
www.drifthoppers.com
Drifthopper

Postby snowman » October 17th, 2001, 1:58 pm

So what club are you in ??
snowman

Postby Drifthopper » October 17th, 2001, 11:07 pm

Tri-County Drift Hoppers of Acrade
Support your local club!
www.drifthoppers.com
Drifthopper

Postby truth » October 19th, 2001, 6:12 am

Albany county ny
If you value your freedom thank a Vet.
truth

Postby PRO-X » October 20th, 2001, 9:03 am

hey, putnam, ny here. i ride alot of vast trails, cause there right across the lake, ride in indian too! see yah on the trails.
"Im not tailgating......Im drafting"
PRO-X

Postby mxz700doo » October 20th, 2001, 10:16 am

I live in Warrensburg NY. Just north of Lake George. I ride in Lake George, Old Forge, Indian Lake, Moose River Plains, Speculator, and Tug Hill. Also take a week long trip up in Canada in St. Zenon Quebec(awesome place!!!!!).
DOO IT!
mxz700doo

Postby nysrx » October 22nd, 2001, 9:07 am

I live in northern dutchess county. Good riding last year hope we have the same this year!!!!
nysrx

Postby BadAttitude » November 3rd, 2001, 12:27 am

*bump* lets get some more reviews of kick a$$ places to go riding in NY. nysrx,,you guys have any maintained trials in your area? If so i would like to check them out!
Polaris All the Way Baby!!
Ride it like you STOLE it!
BadAttitude

PreviousNext

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum