Subscribe Today

Riding Quebec

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Riding Quebec

Postby St. Zenon Zero » October 18th, 2001, 9:10 am

Any of you riders out there ever go north to ride in Quebec?
St. Zenon Zero

Riding Quebec

Postby Chubby » October 18th, 2001, 9:35 am

I came up from southern Ontario last year...It was the BEST!!! I plan on being back twice this year, Hope that bar is still open in ST.Zenon, the price was high but entertainment was great!
It's not what you ride, It's why your ride.
Addicted to ADRENALIN!!!!
Chubby

Riding Quebec

Postby bluemoose600 » October 18th, 2001, 11:06 pm

Rode Quebec Feb.2000 and loved it. Hope to go back this year. I stayed at the La Glacier, had fun and was going to be there for five days until I twisted my knee and could not bend it. Tried riding one day but riding with your knee locked out straight is not easy and is very painful, had to cut it short by three days.
bluemoose600

Riding Quebec

Postby ZR800EFI » October 18th, 2001, 11:29 pm

I usually buy an Ontario and Quebec pass since I'm just south of Ottawa. Being so close to the border, it's nice to have the option to ride both sides.

If I trailer over, I usually drive up to Notre-Dame-Du-Laus and park at Chez Punch at the edge of Tremblant Park. The hosts are great, having gas, a small restaurant, and enough parking for many trucks and trailers. He usually doesn't want anything for parking so we just hand him $20 for the day or weekend, which ever it may be. Sometimes he takes it, other times he says to forget it. Never any problem with vandalism or stolen vehicles either. We usually head the Mont Laurier way from there.

Last year we took the sleds from home on a Friday afternoon, crossed the Cumberland ferry into Quebec, stayed the first night at Mont Laurier. Next day headed up to Maniwaki and stayed there. Sunday we looped back down the railway and crossed the ferry to come home. It was one of the best trips we were on, with awesome weather, lots of snow, and hardly anyone on the trails.

It's amazing how long you can ride without even seeing another sled on some days.

2-years ago, we took a trip further north and bounced between Kirkland Lake and Rouyn-Noranda, again, hardly seeing anyone on the trails.

Usually if we find one side of the border busier, we just ride the other side.
ZR800EFI

Riding Quebec

Postby mikeNH » October 21st, 2001, 10:08 am

I've heard that theft can be a problem up there. Are there places in particular that are better or worse for theft?

Thinking of a couple of trips this year. Any suggestions on where to go (or where to avoid???)
mikeNH

Riding Quebec

Postby 700ZXM » October 21st, 2001, 10:42 am

Ride in Quebec then stay in the U.S. Unless you plan on sleeping on your sled. I've heard alot of stories about theft also. Good luck!
If you're not riding a Ski-Doo, might as well stay home!
700ZXM

Riding Quebec

Postby St. Zenon Zero » October 21st, 2001, 12:07 pm

Just thought I would let you know that the La Glacier went out of business about a week ago. I have been going to Quebec riding for 21 years and stayed there up until I purchased a second home south of St. Zenon. I loved that place and will be going up to our house for Thanksgiving and will find out what is going on. Think Snow - I talked to our neighbor up North tonite and St. Michele just got 3 inches.

Gerry
St. Zenon Zero

Riding Quebec

Postby St. Zenon Zero » October 21st, 2001, 12:12 pm

Been going to Quebec for 21 years and never had any trouble myself. Every time I hear or read about a theft the sleds or tow vehilcles were easy to steal. A little common sense just like here in the states will save anybody a lot of headaches. I have left vehicles for a week or more and never had any problems. But I take some anti-theft measures. The riding is fabulous and my many Canadian friends are the best.

Gerry
St. Zenon Zero

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum