Subscribe Today

Iowa flags for sleds.

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Iowa flags for sleds.

Postby snofisher » October 28th, 2001, 8:16 am

You still need flags on your sleds. The gov. has vetoed the bill that would have eliminated them. So if you ride in Iowa put your flags on or be ready to pay the fine, not sure how much but it could be up to $50. Oh buy the way I am new to the board and just want to say that I ride a polaris 96 xlt special, but the group i ride with covers all the other brands and we ride because we can. Later.
snofisher

Iowa flags for sleds.

Postby OldCatRacer » October 28th, 2001, 11:29 am

I grew up in IOWA and live in Omahaha and yes those flags were and are a pain. For a state that has no motorcycle law you would think they would backoff on the flags. Oh what was the deal with the Hawks letting Michigan beat them. That sucks bigtime!!!
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Iowa flags for sleds.

Postby OldCatRacer » October 28th, 2001, 11:30 am

I meant no bike helmet law.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Iowa flags for sleds.

Postby Snotcicles » October 28th, 2001, 11:36 am

I could send you a Maize and Blue flag for your sled, then maybe it would'nt be so bad! LOL
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Iowa flags for sleds.

Postby mtntank » October 28th, 2001, 11:53 am

I read someplace that one of the states that required flags,was eliminating them.Not sure what state though.Maybe it was bs i dont know.They must be a pain though.
mtntank

Iowa flags for sleds.

Postby Snoguy » October 28th, 2001, 12:05 pm

Just wondering, If you can't see a sled in front of you why should you be able to see a flag on the same sled? By the way, how tall do they require you to put that tree branch knocker in the air?
Snoguy

Iowa flags for sleds.

Postby PolarisIndy » October 28th, 2001, 12:08 pm

I grew up in Iowa. The flag law has to be the most rediculous law on the books there... We always used the extendable antenna type flags with the springs at the bottom. Ran them all the way down. And if the DNR pulled us over we just said they where up when we started, they must've slid down ;) But we didn't get pulled over too much. I even rode a lot without one. It's still a very stupid PITA!!!
PolarisIndy

Iowa flags for sleds.

Postby Maxdlx » October 28th, 2001, 1:15 pm

The flag needs to be orange and be at least 60 inches in the air. We also run the antenia type down low. the reason it got vetoed is they didn't give atv's the same break. It is BS. Maxdlx
Maxdlx

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum