Subscribe Today

Removing Coupling 2002 ZR?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby SNOXZRle » December 29th, 2001, 2:32 pm

I would prefer the "psycho" handling of a non coupled ZR. Is there any way to remove the coupling on my 2002 ZR? Thanks.
ZR500 CCE
SNOXZRle

Postby ZR500PA » December 29th, 2001, 11:52 pm

Just Unbolt the blocks, First try setting them too the number one position.
ZR500PA

Postby SNOXZRle » December 30th, 2001, 4:29 am

Hey man, thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "set them to the number 1 position"? They gave me an owners manual with my machine but it doesn't provide, well any usefull information and when I called and asked if they had a detailed service manual for it, they said it wasn't in stock yet. So I'd appreciate any detailed information you could give me on suspension adjustments. I like to jump so I want it as stiff as I can get it, so I have the cam in the #3 position and the clicker on 8. How do I stiffen the front suspension? And what adjustments are on the rear suspension coupling and how exactly could I remove it? Thanks again.
ZR500 CCE
SNOXZRle

Postby karni24 » December 30th, 2001, 7:11 am

The coupling blocks are square, but they actually have a thicker side, and a thinner side. You can loosen up the blocks, and rotate them 90 degrees. If you want quicker coupling (more agressive), you want the rear-arm to hit the thicker side of the block. The thinner side of the block results in slightly-less coupling. I just installed this kit into my 2000 ZR600, but haven't gotten to try it yet. Otherwise I would think that you would be able to completely remove the blocks for the "psycho" effect you want, but I'm not totally sure.
karni24

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum