Subscribe Today

v-force

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

v-force

Postby cferris929 » January 1st, 2002, 7:11 am

Has anyone had problems with there v-force delta 2 reeds breaking. I am thinking of getting some but don't want to waste my money if they are junk. Does adding reeds require changing jetting? thanks in advance
cferris929

v-force

Postby CATPRIDE » January 1st, 2002, 8:34 am

wHAT KIND OF SLED ARE YOU THINKING OF PUTTING THEM ON,I PUT THEM ON A 99 ZL500 CARB.DONT THINK REJETTING IS NECESSARY IF YOUVE GOT YOUR SLED JETTED CORRECTLY NOW,IF YOU FOR ANY REASON HAVEV YOUR SLED BACKFIRE,BE IT MOISTURE IN YOUR FUEL,OR CARBS NOT SETUP CORRECTLY,YOU CAN BRAK A REED PETAL,IT HAPPENED TO ME TWICE,OVERALL I WASN'T THAT IMPRESSED WITH THE RESULTS,DIDN'T NOTICE THAT MUCH PERFORMANCE GAIN FOR MY DOLLAR.
CATPRIDE

v-force

Postby cferris929 » January 1st, 2002, 2:04 pm

they are going on a 00 zr600 carb. i am allmost thinking of going with boyesens in the stock reed cage. What do you think
cferris929

v-force

Postby thekrust » January 1st, 2002, 8:03 pm

My experience with v-force reeds is that the edges fray and then slowly they loose thier sealing surface and cause you grief. I run them on my race sled (they do perform) but on my every day driver no way.
Ride on!
thekrust

v-force

Postby CATPRIDE » January 1st, 2002, 8:41 pm

I would be interested in hearing what kind of results you have w boyeseen's reeds,I bought a 600 efi cat 2002,with the power the stock setup is putting out i'll be happy for a while.GOOD LUCK THOUGH!!!!!
CATPRIDE

v-force

Postby CatmanZR800 » January 1st, 2002, 11:52 pm

I had them on a 98 ZR600.

With less than 300 miles on them, the right cylinder one had a pedal break off and was sucked into the piston.

Overall, it cost me $750 in parts to replace the piston, rings, and head that was banged up pretty bad from it.

Another note, if one side goes out like mine, you can't buy one V-force, they come in pairs (one setup per cylinder). Pretty spendy when you have to buy a pair of them!

I have a brand new 2002 ZR800 EFI LE now...I won't be putting V-force reeds in that, even if I got them free!

I don't think it's worth the headache of wondering if it will happen again (pedal breaking). If I were you, spend the money on a clutch kit and pipe instead.

That's my 2, or should I say, $750 worth!
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

v-force

Postby chevykickass » January 2nd, 2002, 10:42 am

I have heard a lot of good things about them, but i've also heard a lot of bad things too. Have heard from too many people that one good backfire and you will more than likely have a broken reed. Moto tassaniri (V-Force) also has had a recall on some of thier reed cages, the screws that hold the petal on keep falling out even with locktite. I have never heard anything bad about the boyesen reeds, and have been running them in all my dirt bikes for the last 6 years and never had a problem. Also they improved the fuel econemy and great acceleration. Went from burning 2 gallons a race(on a 250) to burning about 1 1/4 gallons Best part about the boyesen's is they are just about the cheapest reeds on the market. I just ordered them for my 00 powder special 600 (fuelie) and am hopping to see the same results as on the dirt bike.
chevykickass

v-force

Postby x-8 » January 2nd, 2002, 11:18 am

I have had 2 sets V-force and V-force 2,Broke pedals on both sets.V-f2 broke while using nitrous oxide cant blame reeds. I use them and like them,they dont last as long as stock but throttle response is great
x-8

v-force

Postby dmracing » January 2nd, 2002, 1:40 pm

v-force reeds for sale....twin 216 shipping included. $295 for the triples
For performacne parts and all your snowmobile needs check out dm500.tripod.com
dmracing

v-force

Postby cferris929 » January 2nd, 2002, 1:59 pm

Has anyone tried a boyesen rad valve on there sled? the v-force seem like there is too much too worry about.
cferris929

Next

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum