Subscribe Today

Hey ZR500PA

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Hey ZR500PA

Postby Snotcicles » January 4th, 2002, 12:50 am

Have you had a chance to test your jetting setup out yet? I dropped my needles down one groove and that did seem to help the throttle response. What did you do on the mains? I am still stock with them and plugs look rich.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Hey ZR500PA

Postby ZR500PA » January 4th, 2002, 2:21 am

I've only been able too make laps around the field,But I think I am going to put the mains back down to 310's. Everything looks good at 20 degrees, It starts better with the pilots at 35's and I haven't fouled a plug yet. Just helped a freind put a black magic clutch in his 2000 ZR 500 EFI. Raised engagement 1000 rpms I think he just lost more mileage per gallon. It sucked before!!!! I don't know if i like coupling blocks, Maybe If I can find the right setup. They do keep the the front down, but It seems too take away from the bite on the launch. Don't be afraid to drop your mains two sizes you will like the change. Good luck.
ZR500PA

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum