Subscribe Today

Any 4-stroke owners?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby PowDar » January 6th, 2002, 11:37 am

Sleds we'll be riding in ten years? Maybe if you buy new. I'll ride a two stroke till I'm six feet under.
----------------------------
I can't think of a good signature so this will have to do for now.
PowDar

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby Catrocks » January 6th, 2002, 1:53 pm

But your next gen 2strokes will be so diffrent they will have direct injection and all that stuff. I think that the boys in enginerring at the 4 big ones will come out with some tough 4-strokes that will be radical. I think that turbos and intercoolers really like the cold light air to make power just a thought, but I would bet my next paycheck that some of that is gonna on as you read this.
CR

Sled on, b-safe, and most of all; CATSROCK! yeah baby!!

Oh yeah support your local club.!.!
Catrocks

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby ZRT800 » January 6th, 2002, 3:05 pm

Open your eyes!!! This is just the beginning!! I've said it many times before; Cat always releases new tech on their small sleds first, always. Everyone talks about Yamaha comming out with a 4 stroke wonder, & they may. But Cat will lead the way! You forget, Suzuki makes Cat engines. The near future has incredible 4 stroke sleds comming from Cat, Doo, & Yam, not too sure about Poo but I'd say they have something up their sleeves! This is just the start. Cat & Yam will lead the way through their motorcycle divisions. A well tuned 4 stroke will smoke a 2 stroke, plus it'll be better for the environment. I understand no one wants to ride a gutless heavy piece of crap, but I think you'll be very surprised in a year or two when a 4 stroke blows the doors off of you!!!!
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby zr800newyork » January 7th, 2002, 12:58 am

Agree with ZRT800 the technology will be there...who would have thought a 4 stroker would become a motocross threat????? It happened and it will in snow machines too.........TS
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby straycat » January 7th, 2002, 2:06 am

Well, 4 strokes are the future. The tech. is here. We will put it to use. There are 4 strokes on the market that will tach 9000 rpm, pull 260 horses, out of a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder. If you don't beleive me go to any honda dealer and ask to drive an S2000.
You WILL also see deisel powered sleds. Maybe not for a few more years but you will see them. All I can say is don't knock it till ya try it.
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby 600 PRO X » January 7th, 2002, 4:45 am

DIESELS, NO WAY THOSE BEASTS HAVE NO PERFORMANCE ALL THEY GOT IS GOOD PULLING POWER, WE GOT DIESELS ALL OVER OUR FARM AND THEY ARE HARD AS HELL TO START THE WINTER IF YOU PLUG EM IN THERE OK BUT YOU GOTTA LET EM WARM UP AND ALL THAT, AS FAR AS FOUR STROKES THEY WILL LEAD THE WAY ONE DAY NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE LIKE IT, THOSE GAY ENVIROMENTALISTS OUGHTA BE SHOT, BRING IN UP ALL THAT FALSE CRAP, THE TESTS THAT THEY SHOW TO THE LEGISLATURE ARE THE TESTS TAKIN 20 YEARS AGO AND THE 2-STROKES HAVE COME ALOT CLEANER SINCE THEN.
2003 SKI-DOO 440 MXZX REV

600 PRO X

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby 500xcsp » January 7th, 2002, 7:57 am

just drove my dads polaris frontier around the yard and it alittle jerky when accelerating but it sounds like a car and takes off at about 1500 rpm reverse sucks on it but has great acceleration and s**ts out at about 70.
Ride her hard. Put her away wet.
500xcsp

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby Snowjunkie » January 7th, 2002, 11:01 am

Just saw the Arctic Cat & Polaris four strokes at the Iten Chev Sno Jam. The polaris seemed twice as loud as the Cat, both of which were silent compared to the two strokes. Rode the polaris, It would be a great trail machine ( a trail with alot of scenery that is) but it sure took awhile to wind it up to 60. Would't be a sled I would buy but if I were to rent one to take the wife two up bird watching it would be my first choice.
Snowjunkie

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby Pacman » January 7th, 2002, 11:38 am

I'll buy a 4-stroke tomorrow if they would have one ...lets say an R-1 engine (150hp at 9500rpm)in a ZR chassis!!!!!!!!!!!!
Al. (02ZR800EFI)

As long as you ride!!!
Pacman

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby 500xcsp » January 7th, 2002, 11:44 am

and 650 pounds...
Ride her hard. Put her away wet.
500xcsp

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum