Subscribe Today

Any 4-stroke owners?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby Mainecat » January 5th, 2002, 9:28 am

Anyone out there ridden their new 4-stroke yet? Any reports how it is?
Mainecat

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby Campy4 » January 6th, 2002, 4:45 am

MaineCat, have you even seen one of these things in the dealerships? I've visited my local Cat dealer a few times, and have yet to see either the Trail or Touring...

Do they really exist? lol... I'd love to take one for a ride, but I can't find one!
Campy4

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby condecatzr » January 6th, 2002, 5:03 am

yea, we had a single and a 2-up come into the dealership. i guess they only go about 60. so yes they do exist
condecatzr

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby zr800newyork » January 6th, 2002, 5:55 am

I saw one so out the door at NESCO dealership in Gourverneur, NY- very very quietly....owner runs a company called NuMed...dealership web site www.nescofunforsale.com and owner Mark Miller would let you know what's up with the ones he's sold.......TS on Tug Hill
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby juniorXC700 » January 6th, 2002, 6:44 am

My local Polaris/Arctic Cat dealer said that he had no desire to get any Trails or Trail Tourings. I don't believe that really any avid snowmobiler would have much use for one except for a farmer or rancher that doesnt' need to go very fast. lol!!!!
juniorXC700

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby condecatzr » January 6th, 2002, 8:21 am

what makes you think us farmers dont go fast junior
condecatzr

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby Catrocks » January 6th, 2002, 8:56 am

Hey MC I rode one of the trail 4stroker a couple of weeks ago. Made me think to much cause the only noise that ya heard was track whine. It is by no means a power monger but for someone who just choses to cruise the trails it would be a great one. If they could lighten it up a little and get it a little more umph I would look into one. But it is just like riding a Z370 but with less noise.
CR

Sled on, b-safe, and most of all; CATSROCK! yeah baby!!

Oh yeah support your local club.!.!
Catrocks

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby skidplate » January 6th, 2002, 9:06 am

I rode the Cat last year. I think it was a 660 or something. It was ok. Very quiet and super gas milage. The one we had out had 150 or so miles on it and the guage was just leaving 3/4. As for power it had the take off of say a 440? and top end was a little over 60. Took it through some fresh stuff maybe 8" or so and it did pretty good. I ride a 700 and am used to some fairly strong torque but this sled would be great for trail riding all day long. Just think no stopping for gas or oil for quite a long time. Junior700 has it mixed up a little I think,they are great for what they are meant for and after all what is the speed limit on the groomed trails where you ride?
skidplate

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby Mainecat » January 6th, 2002, 9:09 am

Campy i was just at Livingstons AC in NH and they sold 12 of them.
Thanks for the responses guys.They are the sleds we will be riding in less than 10 years!
like it or not!
Mainecat

Any 4-stroke owners?

Postby Snotcicles » January 6th, 2002, 9:38 am

All I can say is man are they quiet. Our group stopped along the trail for a break and this group came riding along and when the four stroke went by, we thought it was shut off. Just track noise. I personally ride cats, but that V-twin Ski-Doo might get my attention, I also ride a Harley.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Next

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum