Subscribe Today

Arctic Cat Handlebars

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Arctic Cat Handlebars

Postby karni24 » January 12th, 2002, 9:09 am

Just a thought, but could the new hight-rise handlebar set-up on the new Cats be adapted to use on the older ZR's, like a 2000?
karni24

Arctic Cat Handlebars

Postby Campy4 » January 13th, 2002, 1:20 am

I'm not sure if the whole set up could be adapted, but I know that several companies make riser blocks for older models. I'm actually looking at a few of them in a SnowTech mag right now, and the two companies they list are PowerMadd (www.hiperf.com) and Iso-Vibe (www.gripnripracing.com).
Campy4

Arctic Cat Handlebars

Postby JLH » January 13th, 2002, 12:03 pm

one of my friends just retrofitted his 2001 zr 600 to have sno pro handle bars, just go order the bars and they will find you the right riser and hardware to install them, the bars come with the heating elements and the grips already on them
JLH

Arctic Cat Handlebars

Postby carlm » January 13th, 2002, 6:38 pm

you can use the new style handlebars but you can only rise them with a 2,maybe 3inch riser.if you want it any higher then that you need to buy longer cables too.
carlm

Arctic Cat Handlebars

Postby ZR800XC » January 14th, 2002, 11:38 am

you can't just buy the riser and bars off of a 02 and adapt them, the steering shaft is differnt to allow for tilting. I'd recomend buying an aftermarket riser and the OEM Cat bars for 02....The things fit just like they're supposed to. Don't go over 3" on the riser or you'll unplug your warmers and switches

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum