Subscribe Today

Past and Present 96 XCR Owners

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby WHITE LIGHTENING » January 14th, 2002, 11:11 am

I am considering wondering what owners of this sled thought of it? One has come up for sale and I am wondering about reliability, and performance.I know some 95,96 xcrs had bottom end problems but would like to hear from owners of 96 sleds.I currently run a 95 xcr with slp pipes. I had to do the bearings and top end at 6000 miles and the sled still runs strong,but is not in the best condition. This 96 is in mint condition with 5400 miles on it.Please let me know what you think. THANKS!
HTML
WHITE LIGHTENING

Postby ZR800XC » January 14th, 2002, 11:24 am

I had one with crank problems...it kept coming out of phase and kept puting brand new ones in right from the dealer. It finally blew with about 4500 on it. Had another I bought used with unknown mileage with SLP triple pipes and it only lasted me 12 miles....The bottom end bog on these two sleds I had was terrible, I couldn't get rid of it unless I got the engagement up over 5500, and that's when the cranks started goin'''''

Just my experience

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum