Subscribe Today

Tunnel trouble

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Tunnel trouble

Postby MXZinger » January 24th, 2002, 11:49 pm

Azzholes at dealer rode my sled and hit something driving the trail arm one inch back in the tunnel and putting a gouge in the front trim piece. It wrinkled the tunnel all to HE(double hockey sticks)under foot board. And this is the kicker, They denied that they did it at first. They now have to replace my tunnel.What the phuck
Trash Talkers: Home of the "Count the dead Arctic Cats contest"
MXZinger

Tunnel trouble

Postby straycat » January 25th, 2002, 5:27 am

I would be Irate!!!! That is definatly a bad dealer. They should have taken care of the prob right away! If it were me, There would be much salt throwen!
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Tunnel trouble

Postby KneeDeepInSnow » January 25th, 2002, 2:10 pm

manthats screwed up...wy would they be riding it anyway?
]hope they fix it and fast
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/KDX250/SDbrbr.jpg[/IMG]
[b][i][blue]DAYS GET SHORTER, SNOW GETS DEEPER, LIFE GETS BETTER[/blue][/i][/b]
KneeDeepInSnow

Tunnel trouble

Postby MX-ZAHOLIC » January 25th, 2002, 3:00 pm

Ouch! Man, you have my utmost sympathy. That's one of the worst things I've heard of a dealer doing yet. At the very least, they should have the cahonies to own up to it and admit that they did it. Tell them you want to see the manager or the owner or both. Then tell them what no dealer likes to hear - it will be fixed at THEIR cost. It's the least they can do. If they're any kind of a good dealer at all, they'll give you a loaner sled. The dealer up here does when repairs are gonna take a while or when they screw something up. Best of luck and let us know what happens.
[b][purple]SNOW'S ALL GONE, TIME TO GO FISHIN'![/b][/purple]

[b][blue]WEATHER IN FORT FRANCES[/b][/blue]
[img]http://www.theweathernetwork.com/inter/weathercentre/weatherbutton/images/can/KINL.gif[/img]
MX-ZAHOLIC

Tunnel trouble

Postby MXZinger » January 28th, 2002, 12:47 am

They finally admitted that they had one of there new mechanics drive it to make sure it was all set and thats when he hit a stump. They got me a loaner if I wanted to use it. I have worked out a deal with the owner of the shop and he agreed to purchase my sled $1000 above book value this spring in a trade in offer for a 2003 MXZ 800. It come up to like $3800 estimate to replace tunnel. So instead of replacing the tunnel they will just straighten it out so I can ride it.Until they buy it in the spring.I thought this was fair. I may put the trade to the new REV 800.
Trash Talkers: Home of the "Count the dead Arctic Cats contest"
MXZinger

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum