Subscribe Today

m 10

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

m 10

Postby jrp267 » February 7th, 2002, 9:54 am

I have a 95 ski doo mach 1 670 i like the sled except the rear suspension ive considered the m 10 but my buddies say its too expensive any thoughts is it as good as they say or not
jrp 267
jrp267

m 10

Postby GlennXC » February 7th, 2002, 10:01 am

I don't know, that sled is pretty old. Doesn't sound like its worth it. Whats it got for miles. Do you not ride much. If you don't put that many miles on and it has low miles, go for it, or try to find a used M-10. But think about it. How much is the sled worth, maybe 2 grand. How much is an M-10? About 1000-1200. Thats half of the value of the sled.
GlennXC

m 10

Postby PolarisIndy » February 7th, 2002, 10:21 am

Sell it and put the money towards a newer sled. You'll get better front AND rear suspension. Unless you come across an M-10 really cheap, it wouldn't be worth it to put the $$$ into an old sled. My opinion....
PolarisIndy

m 10

Postby rotarisracing » February 7th, 2002, 1:01 pm

the M-10 will work in any sled. All that you need is the mounting kits. you should be able to find one for under 800 dollars used. You might have to rebuild the shocks in it, but that is normal maintence with Fox Shox. This is the toughest suspension out there. It is the Cadliacs of suspensions. You won't regret it. Just put it in a different sled later. Check out Haydays in Lino Lakes MN this fall. It is right in the Waldock Sports field. You can really deal on that kind of stuff with people. There are thousands of people selling parts and sleds there.

*This Message was edited on 07-Feb-02 06:06 PM by rotarisracing*
rotarisracing

m 10

Postby warloc1997 » February 8th, 2002, 4:54 am

i work for polaris and just bought a new 600 classic with the m 10 installed ive only put 220 miles on it so far it beats the older sleds i use to run but frankly i am a bit dissipointed with it
its not all they lead to say it is well maybe my sights to a better ride out of it than what it is was a bit to high but it sure the heck beats any thing else and i am still playing with the set up
what i dont like about is is there is no weight tranfer (no ski lifting)
with carbides and and a slick surface ice/snow on black top i get stuck right there
stub would take care of that problem but i dont want to stud the track to bad
and have a hell of a time backing it out the the garage if the floor is wet just spins there
i would ride some ones if you can to see just how
it is and how you like it but if you weight different it would ride good for you
its alot of money for the ride
and if you are a hard rider and like going into coner hard and fast you probbly wont like it
i have to ommit it does a good job over all
i just have to change the way i ride and drive
and you may have to too
warloc1997

m 10

Postby kenlacy » February 8th, 2002, 5:18 am

Warloc - keep playing with the setup - I got a new xc8 with the M-10 - took about five different tries - but got it set up perfect now. I absolutely love it - and my buddy has an 02xc8 edge - he is kinda wishing now he went with the m-10 now also - it is significantly better. At least in our opinions.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

m 10

Postby M10rules » February 8th, 2002, 5:21 am

Warloc-You probably have the Accu-trac carbides on that? Those grab real hard and it doesn't matter which rear suspension you have, if your on a slick surface you won't move.

I have a 2001 600 classic w/M10 and a 2002 XC SP w/M10. the most important part is to setup it up for your wieght and style of riding and to keep playing with it till you get it where you like it. It doesn't take to much time to adjust and if you use recommened settings you can get really close. Keep your original suspension to put back in the sled when you sell it. As for it not having any wieght transfer, that is what gives it the great ride.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

m 10

Postby jrp267 » February 8th, 2002, 10:15 am

well its studded 144 and it only has 2000 mi its in mint shape ive clutched it it has alot of power more than my buddies new mxz 700 i take him every time i dont knoow they have the version with non rebuildable shocks only 800 new im a big guy 250lbs but i love the air time clearin driveways and roads is what its all about any thoughts now itsgoin to snow six inches tonight finally
jrp 267
jrp267

m 10

Postby mfresh » February 9th, 2002, 5:45 pm

I have a 99 mxz500 with the same problem that you have. The stiff ride was tough to take. I installed an ETS kit from ADBovin. I worked really well. You might want to try that first before spending the BIG$$ for the M10. It was easy to install and little$$.
mfresh

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum