Subscribe Today

Put 1600 miles on in 8 days!

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby GlennXC » February 25th, 2002, 5:41 am

I just got back from Quebec on Saturday and we took off the Saturday before from Jackman, ME. We put on 200 plus miles everyday except Saturday. Our high being 240 miles. The riding was great. The trails are awesome up there. I was riding my 99 XC 700, and I was with a 02 800 RMK VE 156, 02 800 XC with a 136, an 02 500 XC SP and an 01 800 XC. We had lots of mechanical problems, so we could of put more miles on, but it was a good trip. We headed from Jackman to Lac Etchemin to Rivere De Loup to Matane to Edmunston, NB to Mometie to Jackman. Stayed in a couple of other places also, which I'm forgetting.
GlennXC

Postby GlennXC » February 25th, 2002, 11:40 am

just thought I'd add what happened mechanically. First day, the 500 had the valve(variable exhaust valve) fall on top of the piston, and it shattered the piston. Came apart in pieces, didn't even need a wrist pin puller. It bent the connecting rod, but the dealer didn't have a crank, only a piston and a jug, so my friends dad heated up the connecting rod with a torch and bent it straight within a 1/16th of an inch. Then we took off. Then the 01 800 broke the primary spring. Then on Friday, the 500 lost the stator assembly. When we towed it with the RMK, the RMK had a bolt for the reverse slide out and the chain case heated up, boiled the oil out, and took out the gears and chaincase. Then the 02 800 was crossing railroad tracks and the carbides caught and bent a trailing arm. My sled, which was the oldest was the only one without any problems. P.S. The highlight of the trip was that I went to a strip joint(for the first time, I'm 18) with my friends dad and he bought me a lap dance.
GlennXC

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum