Subscribe Today

God I am gonna regret this post..lol

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby capneemo » September 10th, 2002, 8:09 am

Hey kawicat, do you race? Have you ever spent the hours burning down the track to get cluthing set, to figure how to put all the power to the front of the trach instead of the rear? How many times have you spent pulling the carbs off to get jetting just right. I think not, you don't have a clue what your talking about. This short message is a waste of my time even explaining to you.
Snow shall it be written, snow shall it be done
capneemo

Postby Luv2sled » September 10th, 2002, 8:19 am

Just for the record, lets not forget the RX-1 is in a totally different chassis and is a four stroke, this is a new animal for these grass draggers.......
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby capneemo » September 10th, 2002, 8:23 am

Hey Kawicat, I'm just gettin started with you. What do you mean that skid has been around for years. What the He** is a skid? So what your telling me is that you knew what this sled was going to be before all of us? You must work for Yamaha :)
capneemo

Postby kawicat » September 10th, 2002, 8:50 am

Michael Jerome Catlin (did you mommy make you add your middle name?) how do you know what i do and don't know? do you know me?

what do you think a skid is? if you don't know ask your dad! while your asking him that find out what skegs are. do i race? hmm, not in races that wuld impress you. IE- not the x-games.

"So what your telling me is that you knew what this sled was going to be before all of us"

YES! i did, when it first was broadcast on here i believe i was one of the first people to say it would suck and it would follow in the foot steps of the viper's hype. point proved this last weekend at haydays. you can make every excuse in the book (didn't have time to set-up, bad track, too short of distance, no one cares about racing anyway, etc.) for it not cleaning up, but based on what has been put down on paper (IE- 60% more torque than the srx) it should have cleaned house in the short drags and silenced critics like XC, skunk, and myself. unfortunately, due to yamaha's standard procedure of thinking up lies, excuses, and HYPE instead of building what they say they will build, they got a nice "putt-putt" trail sled. that would require a million kijillion bazillion dollars in mods just to run with stock multi- piped two stroke twins from the other three manufacturers.

people say that the f7 must suck because they weren't even ready. i would rather wait a few monthes longer for a sled that will perform than to get one that was out early and flops.

so ask yourself this Michael Jerome Catlin (aka batman)when you are tucked into bed tonight... did yamaha drop the ball by losing?

*This Message was edited on 10-Sep-02 01:52 PM by kawicat*
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Postby straycat » September 10th, 2002, 8:53 am

WELL WELL WELL,
I am glad to see that nothing has changed here. lol all I can say is that I am not a yami fan in general. I like there engine tech. but I think there chassis are crap! from there street bikes to there sleds. But I do have to say that with the R1 street bike engine I can see why it would have a hard time hooking up.
For starters the R1 engine does have more lb-tourque than any 2 stroke on the market. Then you have to remember that the R1 engine is geared down from 12,000 RPM down to 8500 RPM to make it clutchable. This gear reduction would brake a track loose from d**n near any teraine. It will take a bit but they will do it.
I am still waiting to see what Honda does. I just got a new F4i this spring. I tell ya a 600cc fuel injected engin that produces 110 Hp at 14,000 RPM would rock in a sled! (cross my fingers!)
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Postby capneemo » September 10th, 2002, 9:01 am

Did I touch a nerve little man? You must not be a racer, just a wannabe who thinks he knows it all. If all you can do is bash me for putting my middle name in my profile, then I guess that shows how old you are. Go finish elementry school little boy, change your diaper, put your panties on, and learn a little something. So you think you race, are you the guy that just gets on and cries because something isn't working right, or is your equipment set for max. performance and running at peak eff. right out of the crate?
Get real.
capneemo

Postby capneemo » September 10th, 2002, 9:10 am

Well kawicrap, what do you mean your going to wait for the F7 a few months for it to perform. Your talking out of both sides. More on the backside I think. You mean to say, your going to wait until they get one that can stay together and get the bugs worked out, don't you?
capneemo

Postby Blue leader » September 10th, 2002, 9:51 am

The 2 rx1`s that I seen run at port huron seemed to hook-up ok?? looked like the ski`s were off the ground a little more than it should have been. I did hear 2 guys talking that on the first day 1 guy come close to flipping it over off the starting line, So maybe it did maybe it didn`t??????? But both of these 2 guys were pushing down on the rear grab bar of a rev trying to get the suspension to go down! LMAO
Blue leader

Postby Mxz800X02 » September 10th, 2002, 10:12 am

i dont understand why you yami guys are sticking up from yamaha and say oh they just need to get it figured out, come on now, you know they been designing that machince for many years they should have that thing ready for everything, we know that all you people who bought rx-1s are already mad because you know us 2 strokers will still be passing you this winter!!!!!!
Mxz800X02

Postby Xtreme XC » September 10th, 2002, 12:16 pm

LMAO!! Pryde.... You do realize the mods that the SRX’s are allowed to be in the 800 class don’t you? Did you think they were really running stock SRX’s in the 800 stock class?? It doesn’t surprise me that it wins 700m classes, what else does it have to compete to? What I found funny was that last season the XC7's running in the 700m class were holding their own and getting even wins with the SRX. I got the HP ratings from variable aftermarket sources. As far as the 800VES it had a LOT of wins last season. Now Doo has a lighter chassis that is just as NEW as the RX-1…..and guess what?…. IT ran FINE!! Aparently Doo didn’t need time to figure them out on their first year either. Sure it was a little easier since it’s pretty much the same motor as last year. The figuring out part isn’t so much a bunch of crap just a poor excuse from you Yami boys. That motor has been around for awhile there shouldn’t be that much of a problem.

As far as Pol vs Yami wins here are some Fenwick results….

STOCK A 800CC ENTRIES IN CLASS: 24
POS NAME CITY MODEL MAKE/YEAR RT ET MPH
88x Roy Oliver Connecticut Polaris XCR800/02 0.459 5.663 84.72
119 Kelly Shilts New Richmond, WI Arctic Cat ZR800/02 0.427 5.769 84.8
27A Jeff Johnson Binghamton, NY Polaris XCR800/02 0.499 5.719 83.8

STOCK AA 800CC SINGLE PIPE ENTRIES IN CLASS: 14
82 Chris Anderson Epson, NH Ski Doo Rev/03 0.548 5.635 84.3
51 Peter Big Chair Durham, ON Arctic Cat ZR800/02 0.49 5.828 83.27
21D Danielle Meneely Sodus, NY Arctic Cat ZR800/02 0.6 5.82 86.08

STOCK AAA 800CC OPEN ENTRIES IN CLASS: 14
119 Kelly Shilts New Richmond, WI Arctic Cat ZR800/02 0.446 5.719 85.33
OO1 Billy Beaudet Kapuskasing, ON Yamaha SRX700/02 0.426 5.787 84.54
12 Wayne Legg Mindemoya, ON Ski Doo Mach Z/03 0.436 5.875 83.72

AMATEUR STOCK A – 800 CC ENTRIES IN CLASS: 2
412 Jason Forbes Everett, ON Polaris XC700/98 0.678 6.731 79.38
O1 Joey Poisson Kapuskasing, ON Yamaha RX1/03 0.666 7.026 79.82

And for kicks your RX-1 runs... tough time against a '98 XC7 TWIN. And the twin was getting higher MPH even. Noticed the only reason the RX-1 placed was because there was only 2 in it's class.

AMATEUR STOCK B – 700 CC ENTRIES IN CLASS: 2
O1 Joey Poisson Kapuskasing, ON Yamaha RX1/03 0.656 6.667 80.48
412 Jason Forbes Everett, ON Polaris XC700/98 0.616 6.554 82.25

AMATEUR STOCK B – 700 CC ENTRIES IN CLASS: 2
O1 Joey Poisson Kapuskasing, ON Yamaha RX1/03 0.656 6.667 80.48
412 Jason Forbes Everett, ON Polaris XC700/98 0.616 6.554 82.25

And in reguards to your post to Kawicat how many times have YOU even touched a carb or clutch. You don’t set clutching to get power to the front vs back of a track… that was a plain gay statement. And for trying to make yourself sound like a supertuner I can’t believe you don’t have a clue what a skid is!!! LOL!!!!! The skid is the suspension dumbass. It’s the same one that is under the Viper only with steel non-rebuildable shocks that Yami scammed all their buyers on. And I think at your age you better be worried about trying to get yourself graduated before making comments like that to someone else.

*This Message was edited on 10-Sep-02 05:19 PM by Xtreme XC*
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers