Subscribe Today

God I am gonna regret this post..lol

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MM700 » September 9th, 2002, 2:54 pm

Well even though I think the RX-1 is a great sled....I am greatly disappointed in it's performance in the short run....I have to ask the question...about the 60% more torque than an 800 on the low end....with that much more torque it should kick ass out of the hole....am I wrong...????? I figured it would just smoke these other sleds in a short run and have way more legs on a long run....is my logic wrong??? I do have to say this one of our local Yamaha dealers was greatly disapointed in the 4 stroke Water craft...yes it was quite and got good gas mileage...but he said even the 800GP would beat it on top speed....and the 1200 Gp would smoke it...not even close.....So what does all this mean????
MM700

Postby Rotax700x » September 9th, 2002, 3:04 pm

Just what we've been trying to tell you.
The RX1 is going to be a good cruiser.
End of story.
[b]02 Honda 400EX
01 Ski-doo MXZx 700
93 Honda CBR 1000F[/b]
Rotax700x

Postby MM700 » September 9th, 2002, 3:08 pm

It means...If I buy Yamaha...I am buying an SRX, and putting one of Donahue's Pro max kits in it...or putting pipes and a clutch kit in a Viper...I think this past weekend showed that the Rx-1 is in the same place as the F cats, and Pro-X's.....NOT READY FOR US CONSUMERS....I'll tell you guys this....the RX-1 and Fire Cat better be fast, because on the Lake out here...the modified SRX's have pretty much been king of the lake at our impromptu radar runs in the winter...those srx's with the 835 big bore kits...stomped the hell out of modified ThunderCats the last 3 winters....and I have never seen these guys lose to ANY TWIN....you may not like Yamahas....but play with an SRx and you'll be surprised how fast they can be....I think the same think will happen for the rx-1 ....but it's gonna take a while for people to figure them out....but we'll see this winter won't we
MM700

Postby NorthernSkunk » September 9th, 2002, 3:10 pm

you yammie fans can't have any fun unless your sleds have major mods done to them eh mm. lol.

and all that stuff about the rx-1 havin all this torque, just remember who was sayin it. Right in their ads no less.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby MM700 » September 9th, 2002, 3:17 pm

Yeah..hey I'll eat crow on that...but will you when...the pro-x 700 beats up on the fcat...come this ice drag season?????
BTW....Would you pay $6,400 for an 02 Zr 800 with EFI????(still in the box)....and how does it run with an MXZ 800 with a heel clicker clutch kit???? I know I can buy and Srx, and do minor clutch work (under $200)....and wax my buddies sled....butI don't know much about a ZR 800, I have heard mixed reports when they run against each other..mostly that the ski-doo beats it..even stock on stock.
MM700

Postby Mainecat » September 9th, 2002, 10:35 pm

MM your finally wakin up? lol
No mystery puttin a bike motor in a sled
Mainecat

Postby drifter7 » September 10th, 2002, 12:08 am

Don't be a dork. The RX1 was tailing a rooster 1/2 way down the track. They couldn't get it to hook up. plus, if the track was it's original 660' length, the RX1 would have smoked everyone.
drifter7

Postby Luv2sled » September 10th, 2002, 12:28 am

MM700.....from what I heard (and predicted I might add) the RX-1 has so much low end torque that it was next to impossible to get it to launch...........those drag racers will find a way to get it to hook up but it's gonna take more than a couple weeks. Don't worry about the radar runs, a modded RX-1 should outdo a modded SRX in the radar runs. Remember when the SRX was reintroduced in 98, it didn't fair to well at the grass drags either.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby BANDITS SRX » September 10th, 2002, 12:55 am

MM700, The GP1200/800 are two person PWC the FX140 is three person. From riding all three I would say that the GP1200=FX140=GP800 in speed. If you buy a sled from a 500' drag race on grass results I'm not sure you would be happy when you trail ride the sled. Just like buying a sled from sno-X racing or oval racing. The RX-1 will be fine for the people that are look at the complete sled. In 500' the drive can be a bigger factor then the sled. You talk about HYPE look what cat did with the F7 at haydays. Now that was HYPE lol.
BANDITS SRX

Postby SlapNuts » September 10th, 2002, 1:06 am

I'm not a big Yammi fan, heck... I'm not even a small Yammie fan for that matter, so I must have missed their ads claiming the RX1 to be faster than any other stock sled manufactured in 500', 660', or 1/4 mile. Or the ad that said the RX1 will dominate snoX and send all other manufacturers and race teams back to the design rooms.

I don't understand where a lot of you guy's are coming from (mostly Cat guy's it seems) regarding the RX1. I want to see the RX1 succeed. Why??? Just like there are already lakes that have banned carbureted 2 stroke engines on boats (no grandfathering in, just banned), the same thing will begin to happen in our State & National Parks with sleds. 4 stroke technology will only give us alternatives not available otherwise. Polaris' and Cats attempt at producing a 4 stroke sled were laughable at best. This isn't putting a man on the moon folks. I am d**n happy to see Yamahaha raise the bar on 4 stroke technology, as now for the first time ever I feel there is hope for the future of our sport, and that 10 years from now I can own a sled that I can ride anywhere, and not fall asleep while doing it. That sled certainly won't be an RX1, and it most likely won't be a Yamahaha, but there is no question the RX1 played an important roll in getting us there, whether it dominated the world and sent all other racers home with their tail between their legs in a 500' grass drag or not.
SlapNuts

Next

Return to Trash Talkers