Subscribe Today

Here is something to PONDER.

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby drifter7 » September 17th, 2002, 5:36 am

Yamaha is slammed for not having a sled under 600cc, or a 440 race sled, (which I would like to see both), and yet in the ATV world, in which all brands carry, Arctic Cat does not have a utility quad over 500cc, and NO sport quad for racing. Polaris is finally getting into the sport quad game with 1 entry, however it took them a long time. When you look at diversity, Yamaha is where it is at in motorsports. The rest are simply playing catch-up.
drifter7

Postby PowDar » September 17th, 2002, 5:55 am

I agree. Yamaha makes fine products in there "other" lineups. But they ignore their sleds in comparison. They love to race their bikes in every possible race. But they basically build snowmobiles as an afterthought.
If they ever got serious they could build very competitive machines. Buy they don't, so we have to slam'em for it! :)
----------------------------
I can't think of a good signature so this will have to do for now.
PowDar

Postby treewhacker » September 17th, 2002, 5:56 am

Powdar
Competitive in what?
They're competitive in satisfying people like me who buy a sled to ride but not race, since most of us don't care much about racing. I guess racing is far more popular back in the mid west and east, but out here we're more into riding. I think they do a great job of being competitive in that area. The RX1 and Viper sales prove it!
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

Postby Xtreme XC » September 17th, 2002, 6:05 am

Cat did come out with a sport quad. It's a Z400 with different plastic....and it is BUTT UGLY
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby Mainecat » September 17th, 2002, 6:14 am

Buddy you beat me to it. Cat has a beautiful green sport quad. Tim doesen't get out much. lol
Mainecat

Postby Elk » September 17th, 2002, 6:14 am

[green]Suzuki/Kawasaki/Arctic Cat:[/green] [url=http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconnection/Community/Chat/Sport-400.cfm]Sport-400[/url]

[green]It is green.[/green] ;) [url=http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconnection/2004-Kawasaki-KFX-700-V-FORCE.cfm?]KFX700 V FORCE[/url]

*This Message was edited on 17-Sep-02 11:17 AM by Elk*
-----------------------------------------------------------
My sled 1995 ZR700 Not my web site but a good one for Mainers:[url]http://www.sledmaine.com/[/url]
Elk

Postby yukon corneilius » September 17th, 2002, 6:20 am

whacker, i agree. i haven't seen many people use racing as a reason for buying a particular sled. i guess the only reason people on here talk about it is because it's convenient to bash a brand with race results.
yukon corneilius

Postby maxiracer » September 17th, 2002, 6:33 am

Yukon, don't you ever line em up, and race to the end of the field or lake or hilltop? Everyone has done that at least once in their life! Racing is as much a part of the history of snowmobiling as trail riding is. I bleed ski doo yellow, before that I bled John Deere green, before that it was Scorpion red. I don't buy doo's because of racing, but I do enjoy the pride of having a brand that does well in racing! I like to think alot of Yamaha people feel the same way, it's a shame that the folks who bleed blue, don't get to experiance that same feeling! It must suck being the butt of racing jokes over and over. But hey, trail riding is great, sitting at a bar in Eagle River on the Derby weekend, bragging about how well your brand is for trail riding. Sounds like alot of fun....
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby PowDar » September 17th, 2002, 6:37 am

Whacker, I know alot of guys that buy mtn sleds cuz they win hillclimbs, informal or not. And when was the last time a yamaha dominated any hillclimbs?
The racing image sells sleds too. I know a guy that hates arctic cats but has always liked their race sleds, the sno-pros. He's gonna buy a F7 and longtrack it just cuz its so close to the actual snopro. Red one, gonna remove all "Arctic Cat" decals... at least that was his plan. (He was really impressed by the Power to Weight ratio)

And he, as well as a lot of my friends, are loving the ergonomics that are coming from race sleds. Tall handlebars, grippy running boards, etc. Racing is building lighter, higher performing sleds. Yamaha don't race and look at their pig lineup. Oh, but wait, we could all just start going to the gym 5 days a week to get the same effect.
PowDar

Postby PowDar » September 17th, 2002, 6:49 am

Whoa, just seen that Kawi 700 sport quad. Sure looks pansy a$$ and it weighs 100 lbs more than the raptor. Geeze. That's like the rx1 of sport quads now.
PowDar

Next

Return to Trash Talkers