Subscribe Today

Yamaha Racing Post

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby hugeair » November 21st, 2002, 3:13 am

Drift, the word "performance" does not only mean straight line speed. If you don't think a Pro-X 700, or an MXZX700 will "beat" your sled on a rough trail, you're just fooling yourself.
hugeair

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby ZRT800 » November 21st, 2002, 3:16 am

Drifter - I guess the Viper is a performance sled. Although I don't think it's on the same level as the ZR's. I guess, I'm falling victim to my own bias against Yamaha. I see Yamaha as more of a trail oriented company. Where the other 3 have both trail, & performance (sno-cross/ditch banging) sleds. I think of the RX-1 as being in the muscle sled class, (ZR9, Mach, XCR) but then they put it with th 700's to race. So I don't know where you would classify it.

The average consumer would be very happy with whatever they buy. We tend to tear every little detail apart. Normal people don't do that!!LOL I bet you there are alot of people out their with F7's in their garage & they have no idea that it gained weight over the summer. Anyway, that's just my opinion. Starting to confuse myself!LOL
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby deadsled » November 21st, 2002, 3:51 am

huge, just because it gets beat doesn't mean it isn't performance. Somebodies performance sled has to be last. may as well be the blue ones.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby maxiracer » November 21st, 2002, 3:54 am

MM, I'll disagree. Benders Vmax-4 was awesome, but I don't think there was any conspiracy to get it banned. The speeds were too fast, the cc limit was to try and slow things down. That didn't happen, in fact, I think any of Mike Houles 600cc purple screamers would have laid waste to Tim's sled. The key factor in the Vmax 4's success was Tim's driving ability, that guy could drive! Had the rules not changed for 93, and doo had released the 780 Mach Z on F3 crowd in 93, it'd killed the yamaha. Just as it did the competition in 600cc form. It was a way better chassis.
As for Yamaha and racing in general, I stand by my early statement, Yamaha want to dominate some form of racing so bad, once they find there niche, watch out!!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby BANDITS SRX » November 21st, 2002, 4:35 am

Benders Vmax-4 still holds the Highest top speed at ER from what I was told. Mike Knapp Vmax-4 still winning with all the new sleds of today. If you went to the races that year TB sled was much faster then the rest.
BANDITS SRX

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby BANDITS SRX » November 21st, 2002, 5:16 am

MM700, You want Yamaha to race for what reason? For the sport of snowmobile racing? How many 440 sno-pro's will be sold this year? Tell me what racing did for the RX-1? Yamaha built the RX-1 with R&D and product Testing not racing. Viper is the same thing the race seld looled like a Viper. MM700 how many people do you ride with today that ride a seld smaller then 600cc? As a Yamaha guy you see what they build for YZ and you say WHY NOT build a sled with that same thinking.
BANDITS SRX

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby maxiracer » November 21st, 2002, 5:25 am

Fastest lap and fastest sled for the whole race are two different things. Tim and his teammate were awesome in 92. But they were the only ones(running Yams) who ran awesome that year. Team Chippewa, Grant Vermeesch and Roy Echienberg all had Bender built Vmax 4's in MIRA enduro action, and they didn't dominate, in fact, they were kinda lackluster at best. Enduro sleds run slower than full-boogie F3's, but not that much.
But man, Tim has always been a favorite of mine, his triple ski F1 sled, was incredible! I think he still holds the single track fastest lap at Eagle for F1 sleds, I think.
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby MM700 » November 21st, 2002, 5:33 am

Bandit is right Maxi...Bender still has the fastest speed ever posted on a straightaway..at E.R....nobody has touched it in 10 years...the Vmax 4's were turds stock...but modify them and they still kick alot of butt today...and remember bender totally re did the suspension for oval racing....I disagree that the Mach Z would have beaten it...Maxi..I don't thinkyou remember how pissed Yamaha was, after they dominated, the ovals in 92 and could run in 93...it was bad.
MM700

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby MM700 » November 21st, 2002, 5:41 am

Bandit..I don't disagree with what you are saying..but tell me this....Wouldn't you love to see a "new" SRX 440????...You know as well as I do that Yamaha knows how to make fast, light weight 440's ....Hell I wanna see a yamaha race team..just to shut these stooges up, that think Yamaha is not capabile....No racing doesn't sell sleds to the general public...you are right...but it sure is fun to root for your brand isn't it???
MM700

Yamaha Racing Post

Postby hugeair » November 21st, 2002, 6:41 am

MM, don't put words in peoples mouth. What's with calling us "stooges" that don't think Yamaha can build a strong 440? Where did you see that posted? I said before, I believe they could and I trash them because they DON'T, not because they can't. BTW, it's pretty easy to make a 600 out of a 440 engine. So it's not like they have to sell 440's to the general public to justify having a 440 race sled.

Bandit, your still missing the whole point of this post. Are you sure your reading other people's posts? What is this product testing that Yamaha did to develop the RX-1? Is it similar to racing? Most likely. Just because it's not done competatively does not mean it's any different. Once again, read Blake's post (on the "Racing's not fair" post), too. FACTORIES use racing as part of their R&D and testing. Period. Yamaha now chooses not to, so some of us here think that it may slow their development. That's all. Nobody said they have to race to build a good sled or to advance. BUT, you as the consumer may end up being the guinea pig instead of the racer.

Some of you guys are very thick headed, or you have reading comprehension problems! LOL

*This Message was edited on 21-Nov-02 11:42 AM by hugeair*
hugeair

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers