Subscribe Today

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby liquid » November 28th, 2002, 3:32 pm

apparently you know more than pat hauck, and hackers yamaha cuz they both got spanked in a field in michigan at the hastings grass drags, by 700 single pipers, yours pulls away from an 800 polaris, i would be bringing my polaris back to get the other cylinder hooked up if i were him!!!!!
GO WHEN YOUR READY!!!
liquid

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby treewhacker » November 28th, 2002, 4:11 pm

No, the dealer would only screw up what John has done to get it where it is. It's not a sloch. He was pretty close to my Hoopered 800 cat after he made some changes, and we dynoed it at 150.5 hp at 3000'. Actually, it's not hard to set one up that would out do any dealers around here, seems like they really lack in the set-up dept. I gave them specs for clutching and it kicked ass on how they were setting them up. jmo
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby brianinpa18330 » December 2nd, 2002, 6:54 am

I have an RX-1 and i love it ......but I just am not happy with the performance. My buddy has a rev 800 and my bro has a 02' mxz 800 and they are right next to me in the fields. I even studded it thinking I wasnt getting the traction it needs. The dealer says to give it to 200 miles(it at 130) and if they still are comparable the nto bring it back because there is something wrong with it. I just got back from tug hill NY and the thing was awesome in the trails. The sound of it is just wild and while every1 else is pullstarting their brains out I just turn the key.
And people just flock to the sled and look at it and give compliments
brianinpa18330

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby zr800newyork » December 2nd, 2002, 7:11 am

Honest feed back thanks- Brian
I had a short 8 miles ride on onwe from Montague to Flatrock distance and I was not happy with the performance or feel- Not sure I'd get use to it or relayy want to- really has something to do with your riding style and what's you're use to.
From what's I've heard from Super Nova the lonely long distance rider in Canada it does get better.
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby Supernova » December 2nd, 2002, 7:31 am

if I could just find a spot to put the Hotdogger...I'd be really pleased!
[b]Montreal Weather[/b]
[img]http://www.theweathernetwork.com/inter/weathercentre/weatherbutton/images/can/YUL.gif[/img]
Supernova

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby Ticat1M900 » January 21st, 2003, 2:00 pm

For what its worth>The RX1 as far as a lake machine for fishing and flat trail riding may be fine.As far as speed goes its sucks and as far as a mountain sled its fails miserably and I mean miserably.
Ticat1M900

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby Ticat1M900 » January 21st, 2003, 2:04 pm

Treewacker when you wake up and smell the roses you really will be wacking your head on a tree and screaming for your money back.The RX1 is an absolute fraud when it comes to power and hill climbing.May be good on long flat ground but where I come from thats called a golf courses.
Believe you me this sled will get stuck on flat ground
Ticat1M900

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby Ticat1M900 » January 21st, 2003, 2:08 pm

Slick You are correct/My buddy bought one(RX1)
and is just sick about how bad Yamaha lied about this POS pig and the worst part about it is they have no answers as to why it will not climb.Any
one out there says I am wrong has their head so far up their arse they will never see daylite
I must say also that the new 159 scud aint much better but at least it does not embarass the rider
Ticat1M900

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby Thunder36 » January 22nd, 2003, 1:20 am

Well Ticat 1 good post and 1 bad for you.

If you have ever ridden the RX-1 you would not say the speed s'cks.

It has outstanding power!!!

But it does not have the throttle response of a 2-stroke, but has incredible pulling power right up to and past 100mph.

My Sno-Pro will kick it's butt in the twisters, but overall my RX-1 is making me wish I could find a good job in Canada.

As far as turning, it is just fine, as a matter of fact, I find that I do not have to "weight foreward" as much to balance the sled in high speed corners. It "walks" corner bumps very well.

It is a different feeling with the center of gravity rearward on the sled, but it feels about the same as my XLT on the trails overall ( not that the XLT is my fav ).

The RX-1 is not comparable to other sleds as theory goes. It must be ridden to get the feel. Yamaha needs to inprove on this design in a couple of areas ( footrail & handlebars ) & others too, but it is an OUTSTANDING effort into an area ( 4-strokes ) where others have gone into without much insight and produced lame products.

Also, get this idea, if the "tree-huggin-save -the-whales-and-the-chipmunks" crowd has their way, we will not have the option of 2-strokes in the future. Just ask the makers of outboard motors.

I hope the rest of our big-3 can take the idea of HP 4-strokes and put them into good chassis lines and make a better product.

Also, I am not a mechanic by trade, but...I am taking wagers on the durability of the RX-1's motor vs. The common 2-stroke.

Pray for Snow!!
Ride & Respect all.
Thunder36

RX1 Project Counter Bash

Postby Brown » January 22nd, 2003, 9:27 am

haha.. all you guys crack me up..

why do only guys that haven't riden one bash it?why do only guys that have riden it love it?

you can't knock anything till you have atleast tried it yourself!

oh its looks like a big pig so it must be a piece of crap.. haha

*This Message was edited on 22-Jan-03 02:29 PM by Brown*
Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers