Subscribe Today

Ski-Doo teaming up with Aprilia for 4 stroke sled?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » November 27th, 2002, 12:32 am

I'm not looking to start any trouble like some other DOO owner on this forum did(DON'T NEED TO MENTION ANY NAMES,HE'S ALREADY GONE) and I'm not looking for any sarcasim. Has anyone else heard the rumor about Ski-Doo putting an Aprilia 1000cc 4 stroke from their RSV MILLE Superbike into a sled chassis? I heard it a few weeks ago(at a dealer),but I was reluctant to post it because I know that there a bunch of KNOW-IT-ALL A$$HOLES on this Forum who will most likely respond to this post with stupid comments! I'm just wondering if I'm the only one or has anyone else heard this to?

*This Message was edited on 27-Nov-02 07:49 AM by SUPERDUTY-MXZ8*

*This Message was edited on 27-Nov-02 08:11 AM by SUPERDUTY-MXZ8*
SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

Ski-Doo teams up with Aprilia for 4 stroke sled?

Postby culvert » November 27th, 2002, 12:43 am

I heard the same thing about 2 months.
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w13/ericmarquardt/Picture806small.jpg[/img]
Fear the Culvert
culvert

Postby ATV News moderator » November 27th, 2002, 12:43 am

Rotax builds the engine for Ski-Doos and Aprilia. The two compaines are pretty close already. While the engine in the Ski-Doo V-1000 is not based on the Aprilia engine, some of the technology was derived from it. Whether or not the actual engine from the Mille makes it into a sled remains to be seen, but I doubt it would be the exact same engine.
ATV News moderator

Postby deadsled » November 27th, 2002, 12:58 am

boy, you guys sure think alike
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Postby snirt » November 27th, 2002, 12:59 am

Rotax builds the engine for Ski-Doos and Aprilia. The two compaines are pretty close already. While the engine in the Ski-Doo V-1000 is not based
on the Aprilia engine, some of the technology was derived from it. Whether or not the actual engine from the Mille makes it into a sled remains to be seen, but I doubt it would be the exact same engine.
snirt

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » November 27th, 2002, 2:59 am

I was not aware that Rotax built engines for Aprilia too,I'm not into motorcycles and racing them. So then there is a possibility that they have something in the works for a better(Faster,more H.P.) 4 Stroke in the works already for Doo. I knew that Yami was going to be the only ones to do a performance 4 stroke! What about the GSXR1000 in a F-Cat or other Cat chassis,any truth to that one? Haven't heard anything about Poo yet,but I know somethings got to be up their sleves.
SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

Postby snirt » November 27th, 2002, 3:38 am

using the cafe racer-to-sled-engine theory, doo would get an aprillia motor, cat would get a suzuki GSXR? Hayabusa?, yammi, well you know what they have... but what would polaris use? i suppose they could use a kawasaki or honda motor. what do you guys think they would use?
snirt

Postby deadsled » November 27th, 2002, 3:45 am

polaris will go a different direction, and use a watercraft engine, or maybe the engine out of a victory motorcycle? so we may not win races, or be light, but we've got style.
deadsled

Postby Skidoo_Newf » November 27th, 2002, 4:28 am

Deadsled.....about 90% of the regulars on this board will faint when they read your post. "May not win races or be light". According to most of the guys on here if it isn't light or can win races then it is useless......I on the other hand am more enlightened. lol
Obi Wan Ski-Newfie.....Kickin Darth Arctics Azz Since 1999!

[url=http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/snowmobiletrasherpics/]Snowmobile Trasher Pics Yahoo Group[/url]
Skidoo_Newf

Postby deadsled » November 27th, 2002, 4:30 am

I think a polaris with a victory engine would be a bit like a blade outlaw, don't you? heavy, expensive, and geared to people who think it would be cool, aka style.

deadsled

Next

Return to Trash Talkers