Subscribe Today

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby SALTALAREV » December 9th, 2002, 8:12 am

RIPPED THE RIGHT SKI AND ARM'S OFF MY 800X REV THIS WEEKEND, THANK'S TO SMITH MARINE UP IN OLD FORGE NY, I WAS BACK ON THE TRAIL IN ABOUT 3 HRS. GOT IT CAUGHT ON THE RAILROAD BED IN OTTER LAKE, STUPID. WHAT A FREAKIN AWESOME SLED, WORDS CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE THE RIDE. IF YOU DON'T OWN ONE. TRY IT AND YOU WILL SOON KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO NOT BE SORE THE NEXT DAY. AWESOME IS ALL I CAN SAY. REPAIRS WERE 297.00. NOT TOO BAD FOR A BONE HEAD.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/countryrungreatdanes/]Under Construction[/url]
SALTALAREV

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » December 9th, 2002, 8:21 am

OUCH thats not good. That had to suck but good thing thats all it was. Only bad thing about this post is good old skunker from the far far north is gonna have fun with it LOL. He was waiting to here about somebody ripping the arms of a REV. Go at it skunk and have fun LOL.
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby ZR800Racer » December 9th, 2002, 8:25 am

That does suck! I wrecked my new sled with only 250 miles on it lastyear. Bent both upper and lower A-arms and bent the shock shaft. $150 in parts and alittle work and I was ready to ride. I guess its broken in now.
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RyanG85/sig.jpg[/IMG]

2004 Arctic Cat F7 SnoPro
2003 Honda CRF450R
ZR800Racer

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby SALTALAREV » December 9th, 2002, 8:33 am

Yup, whooping 68 miles on it and bang, off the ski went, and skunk has no say on the rev, his zr 800 won't hold a candle to this sled's chassis's ass on any trail. And I used to be a 01Zr800 owner myself. Sorry skunk.
SALTALAREV

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby culvert » December 9th, 2002, 8:48 am

I put 250 miles on my RevX over the weekend and my brother put another 40 miles on it. It is a sweet sled you don't have to slow down for any kind of bump with that thing, I like to speed up when I hit them.

My leg muscles where a little sore but as soon as I went again it all went away, I didn't even take a shot to the back.

Bumps - What's are those :D

*This Message was edited on 09-Dec-02 01:53 PM by culvert*
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w13/ericmarquardt/Picture806small.jpg[/img]
Fear the Culvert
culvert

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby SALTALAREV » December 9th, 2002, 8:54 am

OH AND ALSO, I WAS AT THE SHOOTOUT BEFORE I WRECKED MY REV AND I'D LIKE TO SAY THAT IT WAS FREAKIN COLD OUT THERE. BUT THE WAY THE REV'S SPANKED EVERYONE WAS MORE THAN WORTH THE COLD TOES. IT'S REALLY FUNNY TOO SEE THAT THE REGULAR CHASSIS MXZ JUST ABOUT BEAT THE FEATHERWEIGHT FIRECAT F-7. ALSO, I RIDE WITH SOMEONE THAT' HAS A F-5 AND I'VE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE OPEN THE HOOD ON THE TRAIL AS MUCH AS HE DID THAT DAY. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASSS.
SALTALAREV

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby pearson » December 9th, 2002, 9:08 am

Was that the one parked in front of Trails end bar next to the gas pump???? Looked like alot more than $280 worth of damage, that sux for you!!!
pearson

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby NorthernSkunk » December 9th, 2002, 10:07 am

297 dollars to replace both upper an lower arms? I take it you did no damage to where they are all attached to the bulkhead. Which I think is impossible, seen a rev up here that tapped something while turning in a parking lot at less than 2 miles an hour and it caused over 3,000 dollars in damage because of what happened inside the bulkhead where the arms attach.

I take it the ski an spindle were ok to use again an the shop never charged you any labour? Lets see some pics salty. And as for beating the zr800's isn't it all driver after a certain speed?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby psycho sledder » December 9th, 2002, 10:44 am

i tore my new summits trailing arm off at about 400 miles. Sucks doesnt it
psycho sledder

WRECKED MY REV.!!!!!

Postby SALTALAREV » December 9th, 2002, 10:59 am

pearson, that wasn't me, I was right at the thirsy otter, I think the rev you are talking about I saw up there, orange and yellow with no windshield and rear beaver tail on it.
Skunk, Only had to replace the lower A-arm (93.00) ball joint, (30.00) 1-ski-sole (65.00), they charged me for 14 pop rivets?!? 1.5 hours labor at 50 per hour. Add about 22 for tax and I think that should add up to the repair of 297 and change. The ski spindle is ok but when I tied the a-arm to the ski spindle it scratched it up and I think i want to replace that also or just get some gold touch up paint for it. Also, I have a very slight bend in the lower part of the shock rod which the guy from smith marine said I can get away with but he recommended that it be replaced and he say's that it will cost roughtly 300 for the piggyback shock, does that sound correct, or can I replace only the rod from the shock?
SALTALAREV

Next

Return to Trash Talkers