Subscribe Today

My cat may have no lives left..........

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby kawicat » December 26th, 2002, 1:51 pm

did a rivet or hood vent fall off your hood and had a go with your clutches??? kind of weird that both would have taken a s**t at the same time if something was run through them.

buy a blade!!! lol.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Postby RATMOTOR » December 26th, 2002, 10:21 pm

Well NS, good to see your willing to take it as well as dish it out. The reality is that I'll bet you don't torture your sled any more than the other guys here. Cat has had quality problems for as long as I can remember. They cover it up with bright green and ridiculous performance claims.
Oil would be cheaper if the greenies stopped using it.
RATMOTOR

Postby MM700 » December 27th, 2002, 5:36 am

Hey Kawi Cat..."CAT MAKES THE BEST CLUTCHES"...yep they sure do...just ask skunk..bbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........LMAOROF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MM700

Postby ArcticEd » December 27th, 2002, 6:31 am

Could it possibly be un-noticed damage from your collision with your bud last year??????
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby NorthernSkunk » December 27th, 2002, 6:49 am

no ed I don't think so.....he hit his spindle dead on my primary and we rebuilt that clutch. The piece missing now is on the outter sheave of the secondary and is what got pulled around a few times nicking everything up...I think.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby 2k2mxz6 » December 27th, 2002, 11:15 pm

Sounds like you better step up to a no maintainence sled and buy your self a SKI-DOO.
2k2mxz6

Postby NorthernSkunk » December 28th, 2002, 3:22 am

I seen the front end a-arm set up of a rev take a slight hit and it was expensive. the same hit on a zr cat would not have caused the same damage. There is a price for lighter weight...not sure what would of happened had an F cat hit the same thing.

maybe its time for me to start lookin for blue hairs in the mirror.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Big Native » December 28th, 2002, 6:47 pm

That really does not mean anything. I was in race a race last year, I was a on a 440 race chassis w/an 800 motor. Went over some bumps no problem. Some guy behind me on a ZR500 (different class) hit the same bumps, and he bent the lower a-arm, broke the upper one, and creased the tunnel. Just because I saw it happen to one machine does that mean all of last years zr 500's have weak front ends? Didn't think so.

As far as the clutch goes I think that the only thing that would cause that kind of damage would be a forign object spining around in there. Nuts, bolts, rivits, something was in there that was not supposed to be. You know the kind of stuff that falls off Cats periodically.
Big Native

Postby SALTALAREV » December 28th, 2002, 7:07 pm

BLUE HAIRS???????? I second 2k2mxz's saying on the no maintence ski doo sleds. Ive owned every brand so far and the ski doo definitely has the very least of maintenence required. Actually, I have put gas and oil in the sled and greased it 1 time in over 650 miles.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/countryrungreatdanes/]Under Construction[/url]
SALTALAREV

Postby SALTALAREV » December 28th, 2002, 7:17 pm

skunk, I was checking out that website, crashedtoys.com and I saw a Zr800 I think on there it's an 02 cc efi. Check it out, may be worth picking up for spare parts. It also doesn't appear damaged to me. Looks kinda nice. Better check ebay for your parts too, very cheap prices. and thousands of arctic cat parts.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/countryrungreatdanes/]Under Construction[/url]
SALTALAREV

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers