Subscribe Today

european sleds

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

european sleds

Postby snirt » January 6th, 2003, 5:40 am

have you guys seen the turds bombi is dishing out to our european brethren? ouch. lynx is what they call them, stynx is what i think of them. they really stripped those things down to nothing. i wonder if you can get ski-doo's there too, or if they're stuck with the stynx. check them out here: www.bombardier.fi/en/

oh well, they get some hot-rod motors in their cars that we don't get here, so i guess this is how us yanks get even.
snirt

european sleds

Postby FreezurBurnt » January 6th, 2003, 6:14 am

They are better built Doos

Look at the rear suspension and the front

They can take a bigger pounding then anything here

The European snoX champ rides Lynx

Yes You can buy Skidoo,AC Yamaha and Poo there too

Close minded people LOL:)
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

european sleds

Postby snirt » January 6th, 2003, 6:23 am

you mean cheaper built doo's. maybe more durable, but they cannot possibly ride or handle as good. look at the front suspension geometry, no coupled rear skid.... they are a skandic-ised mxz's.

yes, i know the european champ rides lynx, but don't you think that's because that's the brand they promote over there? if they were better, people would be bringing the sleds over here, or at least upgrading the parts to the euro-spec ones.

BTW, are you flaming me for being closed minded?
snirt

european sleds

Postby kittykiller » January 6th, 2003, 8:01 am

Snirt, I read an article about 3 years ago about the Lynx. The guy said that they ride better than any american sled available. According to him, they are more durable also. Apparently the trails over there aren't groomed like they are here...don't know if it's true or not but wouldn't you think if it were better than what we have here 'doo would offer it here to ??
What's yellow snow taste like ???
kittykiller

european sleds

Postby FreezurBurnt » January 6th, 2003, 5:15 pm

no flaming :)

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
FreezurBurnt

european sleds

Postby Big Native » January 7th, 2003, 3:31 am

I want one, but ski-doo will not sell them to people in the USA. Try buying parts for them at the same time, you can't. If you want a Lynx, you have to buy one from a Scandinavian (sp?) Dealer, and import it to the USA, seems like more trouble then it is worth.
Think of it like this, Holden makes some kick ass cars, (remember Mad Max, or have you seen their 2004 El-Camino look-a-like?))but they are only sold in the Austrialan market. Holden is owned by Chevrolet, and uses many of the same engine and drive compenents, but since they are not imported to the USA, does that make them suck?
Big Native

european sleds

Postby straycat » January 7th, 2003, 4:19 am

I don't see what the big deal is. It looks like an MXZ with an M10 suspension. Remember, different tourain means a defferet machines.
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

european sleds

Postby deadsled » January 7th, 2003, 4:55 am

Holden is coming to the US this year. Holden Monaro, aka pontiac gto. the commodore may be next.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

european sleds

Postby snirt » January 7th, 2003, 5:11 am

bignative:

Holden is owned by GM which also ownes the nameplate Chevrolet, but Chevrolet does not own Holden. The reason Australia has different cars is because they have different preferences, drivers side, environmental standards, crash standards, and a big enough market to justify unique vehicles (although many are european or japanese imports)
and no, Holden doesn't suck because they aren't imported into the US. if that's what you think i was saying, you misread my point. my point is: bombi stripped the north american version of it's sleds down to bare bones for lynx. they may be fine for european applications, but they are made much using much cheaper components, namely suspension. if they tried to push that thing here, it wouldn't fly unless it was a super-cheap entry-level sled. capeche?

snirt

european sleds

Postby FreezurBurnt » January 7th, 2003, 5:21 am

Snirt do even know what you are talking about???

Now this is a flame

You are quite the ignorant sledder:)

FreezurBurnt

Next

Return to Trash Talkers