Subscribe Today

Recession

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Recession

Postby Mikeybac » January 6th, 2003, 3:02 pm

I just got done watching CNN and they were talking about us going into another recession...My question is how does every sled you see on the trail either a 98 or newer?? All us average folks are buying new sleds every 2-3 years and were supposed to be the ones taking a beating by this "recession" And whats pulling these sleds 97-02 Fullsize pickups that cost $30,000 plus....I myself think that we were never in a recession the last year....What do you guys think??
They Call Me Tater Salad
Mikeybac

Recession

Postby WinterRocks » January 6th, 2003, 3:16 pm

yea no kidding, i was lookin at a 2003 Dodge Ram, shorbox, 4x4, 20inch rubber :), hemi(spiecal order:) ), and leather..... $34000!!!!, ill just restore my '78 Power Wagon:)
Peace, im outta here like yesterday~!
WinterRocks

Recession

Postby M10rules » January 6th, 2003, 3:28 pm

It depends on your area. We are in a bad recession since January 2001. Alot of the plants are done with big lay-offs but are not hiring yet. Some are still doing more lay-offs. I don't think we will ever see a depression like the Great Depression. I bought a new car and new sled at the beginning of the recession. But I can still feel the recession.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Recession

Postby - -CHIG- ->>> » January 6th, 2003, 5:14 pm

No recession? Take a look around you. Yes, snowmobilers as a group are generally above average when it comes to median income. However, people are being layed off everywhere. There is more consumer debt than ever. There are more bankruptcies than ever. Times are tough. Count your blessings.
2006 Keystone Outback 29BHS
2006 Dodge 2500HD 4x4 w/some mods
Politically Incorrect And Proud Of It :p
- -CHIG- ->>>

Recession

Postby SLEDHEADRED » January 6th, 2003, 9:36 pm

The car business is picking up, lately we have been doing real good, but we always do.
Some other dealers around us, are having hard times, dont know why, but they are.
Even our service department is picking up, guys are averaging over 53 hours weekly. [13 techs]
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Recession

Postby Luv2sled » January 6th, 2003, 11:26 pm

recession my ass, that's just what the Clinton News Network wants you to think.....c'mon can't you see through that crap. The US economy will have grown by about 3% in fiscal year 02 which is just about where the Fed wants it to.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Recession

Postby skidoorider » January 7th, 2003, 3:35 am

Luv2
Do you want to explain that to everyone laid off here in Wisconsin ?????!!!!!! RB
2007 Jayco 29BHS
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
skidoorider

Recession

Postby M10rules » January 7th, 2003, 3:40 am

How about our town that has seen around 10% of its population laid-off and another 10% taken from full-time to part-time. Also a bunch that were demoted and/or a major pay-cut. I know one of my old foremans went from $60k salary to $14/hr and stuck to 40hrs a week. THat is a big cut!
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Recession

Postby maxiracer » January 7th, 2003, 3:42 am

I think alot of guys are carrying a HUGE debt load, the finiance plans out there right now are putting sleds, bikes and cars under folks who really can't afford them. I know in my area, repossessions are up, plus lots of year old and two year old stuff for sale.
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Recession

Postby PolarisIndy » January 7th, 2003, 3:59 am

REALLY depends on the area. And what business are in your area. A lot of the tech companies that laid off a while back are now looking good, and some, like ours looking to hire for some positions again. The economy could not continue to grow at the pace it was. And it is leveling out now. I don't believe it is as bad a some in the media make it out to be.
PolarisIndy

Next

Return to Trash Talkers