Subscribe Today

What the Hell is CAT thinking??????

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby mellowyellow » January 16th, 2003, 2:38 am

Now there is a novel way of selling sleds!! Post the hp at under it actually has. None of us sledheads is interested in power, right? Nope, not me. In fact I just wish we could go back to the days of sub 100 hp 600's.

Cat always understates the hp rating. Yeah, right.
mellowyellow

Postby zrcat » January 16th, 2003, 6:44 am

What makes you say that CAT has overstated the HP. Have YOU actually dynoed the 600? CAT has been pretty much proven with the last few releases to be right on according to the mag's and thier dyno reports. Until you have actually dynoed one yourself, you shouldn't be running your piehole.

The most famous misrepresenting manu out there has always been polaris.
zrcat

Postby R_TICAT » January 16th, 2003, 9:20 pm

And by the way mm, that's LIST price. Doesn't mean you're gonna pay that.
R_TICAT
R_TICAT

Postby Captain » January 17th, 2003, 4:34 am

Since this site is loaded with experts, what exactly does it cost AC (or any other OEM) to produce and early release sled?
What are they producing, like 500 units? This is 2 days worth of production! Little or no tooling changes and keep the lines moving in a traditional down time for them (sleds-wise). What early releases do for the dealerships is bring some excitement for the new models. How many people were b***hing that there was no 600 last year? Now, we all understand there will be sleds left over next year, but someone who wants a 600 will likely buy a 600 regardless of what kind of deal they can get on a 700.
This move of having mid-season releases cost AC very little even if there is no snow.
This was not exactly a BIG secret or anything. Anyone who bought an F5 instead of waiting for an F6 (if that's what they really wanted) was just plain stupid. That was probably the worst kept secret next to the RX-1 weighing in as much as an African Elephant.
Captain

Postby Icehole » January 17th, 2003, 5:34 am

Agreeing with the Cap'n. The mannies have more flexibility in production than they'd care for us to know.Cat knows they've sold about all the current sled models they can this season, but throw out somthin new and they might get a few more takers.If their was more snow in the midwest and current sales were still ok, you would'nt have seen the 6 til next year.Cashflow is everything.
Icehole

Postby Icehole » January 17th, 2003, 5:41 am

Disagreeing with the cap'n on the African elephant. Not that heavy, more like an Indian elephant, smaller ears and a tad lighter.Does'nt mean I'm not still eyeing them up for a future purchase.

*This Message was edited on 17-Jan-03 10:43 AM by Icehole*
Icehole

Postby SlapNuts » January 17th, 2003, 5:50 am

Talk about a run away piehole zrcat, you seem to have written the piehole for dummies book today. How about f-cats 30#'s heavier than advertised? It amazes me that Cat can claim 118hp, Big Dick say's it's actually more like 125hp, and you jump on yellow's ass cause he say's Cat must know what the real #'s are and they wouldn't low-ball it by 8hp. I suppose Dick dynoed them cause Cat couldn't afford to? Sheepwad!!!
SlapNuts

Postby Captain » January 17th, 2003, 7:06 am

Slapnuts, how about the RX-1's or viper's claims? Do we need to list them all again?
OK, let's start with the viper:
FAI boosts hp by 3 to 4.
18hp more than predecessor. 112 (SXR) plus 18 = 130
RX-1:
80% MORE low end torque than 800 twins.
within 30% of weight of SRX
6 sled lengths faster than SRX in 1000 feet.
Tell us how ANY of these came true! NOT!
Captain

Postby SlapNuts » January 17th, 2003, 7:57 am

Captain, you miss my point. I'm not saying that Yamaha doesn't know how to hype, we all know they excel at it. It's the Cat following hypocritical sheep on this board that I was responding to (they kill me). Take zrcat for instance and his response to yellow. Sheep BAAAAing in the wind is all it is.

Arctic Cat is a lot like the Green Bay Packers in my book. I make it a habit of busting on the Pack as often as I can, and I take the same liberties with Cat. But when it comes right down to it, I have a lot of respect for the Pack and what they have accomplished, and I feel the same about Cat. It is the sheep herds (fans) of both that irritate me worse than a bad case of the crab's, and so I find a great deal of relief in bustin their ass every chance I get on this board.
SlapNuts

Postby Captain » January 17th, 2003, 8:47 am

Slapnuts, you have much experience with crabs?
Captain

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers