Subscribe Today

What the Hell is CAT thinking??????

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MM700 » January 15th, 2003, 3:39 am

LOL....Hey Cat Guys explain this to me...Why on earth would anybody buy an 04 F6 for nearly $8,000, when they can wait until next fall and buy a left over F7 for around $6,900..still lots of Firecats on the show room floors here in northern Wisconsin....we have no snow...and unless we get some soon all the dealers here are gonna be hurting....which is a good thing for people wanting to buy a new sled...just wait till next fall...they'll be blowing 02's and 03's out the door.....So why is Cat intro-ing a new model that costs almost $8,000???? To me that's dumb...I think Yamaha is doing it right...by not introducting a new model for 04....smart move by them.
MM700

Postby ArcticEd » January 15th, 2003, 3:51 am

Sure, I mean, in reality no one needs more than a few models, right???? Forget the entry level stuff, Let's go with an old 600 triple, what's left of the 700 triples laying in the warehouse, a 700 single piped powervalve motor, and maybe a big, 4 cyl stroker... Hell, why have any more than just ONE model for EVERYONE...... Oops, and to think I was gonna try to say something nice about Yama-know-who, I mean you-know-who every day this year...... :)
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby MM700 » January 15th, 2003, 3:56 am

Come on Ed, you're smarter than that....Cat didn't change anything on the firecat chassis...they put a 600 efi in, with 118 hp...what would you rather have the 700 efi (with 140 HP) or the 600 efi???? I know for a fact that you'll be able to buy a left over 03 F7 for cheaper than a brand new 04 F6....SO WHAT WOULD You BUY ??????
MM700

Postby M10rules » January 15th, 2003, 3:58 am

MM, it is a model that was in the works when the F5 and F7 were introduced, just some minor work was left. This year alot of dealers gambled. Some went out and bought more then noraml taking a gamble that we would have a good winter. Other dealers ordered none (or as few as possible) gambling we would have another no-snow winter. The manufacturers did the same. Well SD, Yam, and Pol gambled we would have a bad winter agian, Cat gambled that it would be a good winter and lost. They ended up sitting there with a 600 late release sled, and no snow for the dealers yet. But if it would have been a good year and they had the ZR600 and then released the F6 late, it would have upset alot of people too. Now as for why someone would buy a 600 instead of a 700, the insurance is cheaper and easier to find. Some insurance companies won't insure a sled over 600cc, and others raise the price way up. What good does the year old sled sales do the manufacturer? The manus make there money selling sleds to dealers. So they want to put new models out there to make dealers order at least some new sleds each time. There is an advantage to this for some dealers, this will help to weed out the weaker dealers.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby ArcticEd » January 15th, 2003, 4:06 am

Bryan, last time I looked, I didn't buy EITHER one.........
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby sled head sxr » January 15th, 2003, 4:07 am

ya thats just what i want to buy another rushed up sled!im mad,why because both of my buddies that was supposed to go riding this weekend with me on a poker run cant.why you ask because both their sleds are broke.one f7 and one zr600 mabbie they can rent two yamahas at my dealer!
sled head sxr

Postby OldCatRacer » January 15th, 2003, 4:36 am

A left over Zr900 would be nice.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby p-ryde42 » January 15th, 2003, 4:59 am

m10, maybe you should talk to a Cat dealer about Cats system for product sales LOL. I know of 4 that told Cat they are done in the last two years. And they ALL still sell other brands of sleds and ATV's.
p-ryde42

Postby M10rules » January 15th, 2003, 5:24 am

p-ryde, I can show a dealer that closed or dropped there dealership for everybrand. It is nothing new!! This has happened for years!
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby Snotcicles » January 15th, 2003, 5:40 am

Back to the original point. Some one smack me upside the head, because I have to agree with MM on this one. They should of just sat on it for the rest of this year and maybe had some spring order only option for it.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Next

Return to Trash Talkers