Subscribe Today

This Sled Kicks Ass (From Another Forum)

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby zrcat » March 13th, 2003, 11:53 pm

LOL, now that was a humerous story trewked. C'mon, the RX-1 can't corner for sh!t, to heavy and pushes is what I hear. Also heard it's tippy at low speed? huh? Now everybody knows the RX M-1 is a TURD.
zrcat

Postby Xtreme XC » March 14th, 2003, 12:06 am

Like I always said... the RX-1 is a Lake sled.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby trewakr » March 14th, 2003, 1:01 am

I noticed the Cat Sheep always come out of the woodwork if someone says something good about Yamaha.....Why? Because they're insecure.
You guys don't know SHlT about the RX1, you haven't ridden one. I own one and I don't consider it a lake sled. I take it everyplace I take my hill climber, it also works fantastic on the trails. Brand loyalty is a disease and you guys need treatment.
trewakr

Postby pearson » March 14th, 2003, 1:52 am

Kawicat- should'nt you be in snap-ons chat room right now, or saying how great cat's are after wrenching them for 12 hours. BTW-my seasons total for crapped out Firecats for the 02-03 season-18. Was in Old forge yesterday on 7B from Stillwater to Brantingham,a very happy F7 owner was being towed after his motor seized up after 970mi. He had a lot of nice things to say about cat-like how he will be snowchecking a 800XR Pol.
ARCTIC CAT- Don't leave home without.................... Antifreeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pearson

Postby tcat2 » March 14th, 2003, 2:09 am

It's amazing how fast these RX-1's are here on the Trash Boards ... but out on the trails/Tracks they are at best mediocre performers. Even the ones that now have 2000+ miles.
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Postby Drifthopper » March 14th, 2003, 3:03 am

Not to get off topic...........
But.....what happens if someone sinks an RX-1?
Can you just pull the plugs and pull it over, like a 2 stroker?
Just wondering.
Support your local club!
www.drifthoppers.com
Drifthopper

Postby kawicat » March 14th, 2003, 3:33 am

actually wacker i think you are insecure about your own insecurities. everyone knows that yamaha has really sucked in all forms of racing this year. soo 500= loss, eagle river stock 600=loss, haydays= loss, cross country= loss 9can turn the tank). where are the actual race results to prove that they are so good? why would i want to ride or own an rx-1? what the hell is so great about this sled anyway. it has a motorcycle motor and a suspension that came out of a 96 vmax. nothing on that entire sled is revolutionary. cat was the first to come out with a four stroke.

lake racing doesn't mean much either. having a straightline race 3-4 miles long doesn't prove much except one sled has better aerodynamics than another.

when they dominate (and or get banned for competition) every form of racing (drags, ovals, cross country, and enduro. then i will admit it isn't a bad sled until then it will just be the heavy slow pig it is.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Postby binskiman » March 14th, 2003, 7:10 am

its only common sense that you got passed by an rx1 in deep snow you dip s**t look at your tracklugs and then look at his and also that 4 stroke torque also helps in deep snow that rx 1 was hardly feeling the effects of the deep snow at all , where your srx (apig in itself) was probally crying in that deep stuff , seriously where do you guys come from!! ever heard of common sense!!!????
BiNsKiMaN
binskiman

Postby Cat kid » March 14th, 2003, 7:17 am

So the reason you ride rivers is to skip water?? I guess that's why I don't ride them.

I don't know anything about it except you have to go fast, you can't stop, and you do powder turns to correct your line. How fast do you have to go? What else is there to it. Please don't trash me!!! My feelings are very sensitive:(
[green]Long live the T-Train!!!!![/green]
[green]He is gone, but not forgotten[/green]

[red]Just think, somewhere out there, it's snowing right now!!!!![/red]

[blue] I may not be a member, but I am still a proud FFA[blue]
Cat kid

Postby Icehole » March 14th, 2003, 8:18 am

No kid, its just a part of river runnin.
How fast?..balls out seems to be the prefered throttle position among us.
Steering?..unless ya got your sled set up for skippin,linin up straight away is my choice.Dodging tree branches while skipping is to be avoided if possible,but sometimes yer goin around a tree and the bottom gives way...this gets pretty tense,but when ya come out the other side dry its ...ahh..um..exhilarating.

Absolutely,positively,should'nt be attempted by the unpracticed.If people want to give it a shot, find known shallow water and wear a floatcoat.
People die every winter in Mn. skippin water,
Icehole

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers