Subscribe Today

This Sled Kicks Ass (From Another Forum)

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby trewakr » March 13th, 2003, 11:45 am

no snow in northern minnesota all winter,6 inches tops.While sitting around crying in our beers we decided to ride the mighty mississippi.The first 50 miles where tight hair pins with 1000 feet between corners,the next 100 where long sweeping corners and 2 mile straights.Now let me tell you there was every kind of high perf. sleds here including a 99,1000 thunder cat and a few mountain boys from out west.I think we scared em,100 plus for 50 miles straight and no one could out run or out corner my rx-1.The t-cat was right there on the straights,eye to eye but forget it on the tight corners,90 miles of very hard running I used 6.3 gallons compared to 11 with the other sleds.300 miles in 4 hours.I weigh 255 pounds, You would not believe all the excuses I heard on that ride. I do not here any more 4 stroke bashing and I dont think the boys from out west will be back! We now call it the misselsippi.
trewakr

Postby ZR800Racer » March 13th, 2003, 12:57 pm

Sounds like the kind of riding I do everyday. I might have to look into one of those RX1's......NOT!
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RyanG85/sig.jpg[/IMG]

2004 Arctic Cat F7 SnoPro
2003 Honda CRF450R
ZR800Racer

Postby SkiLift » March 13th, 2003, 1:11 pm

He may have used less gas, but I bet that guy looked really stupid with ORANGE FLOATIES on his arms.

*This Message was edited on 14-Mar-03 04:16 AM by SkiLift*
SkiLift

Postby Icehole » March 13th, 2003, 1:34 pm

We've run the rivers here in Mn even on good snow years,matter of fact just run the Big fork this last wkend.Like trails they're all diff.Open water adds to the thrill.The Miss is wide enough where we run it you can plan your skip,others like the Rum is narrow with downed trees,where you're dodgin branchs and skippin at the same time.Can't wait til middle to end of April to see if the Vermillion sags in the middle several feet like some years during the thaw.It can create a half pipe that goes for miles.Skip down the middle or ride the side til your guts get sore,its all good.Rode Elroys Rx1 for a tankful on the B Fork.Excellant river sled although it wanted to get a little Ski Dooish in the rougher corners.Not quite 800twin type grunt out of the tighter corners,but was right there on the sweepers.On any straights more than a couple thousand yards it could creep away before it was brake test time.I said before that could be my next sled, and that ride did'nt change my mind.
Icehole

Postby kawicat » March 13th, 2003, 3:18 pm

blah blah blah rx-1 beats everything, but in a real live racing situation it falls on its face. hmmm, what doesn't fit. could whacker be: A) lying through his teeth B) be daydreaming his latest yamaha wet dream or C)making himself actually believe what lies and hype yamaha spoon feeds him. D) trying to cover up the painful realization that the rx-1 can not, will not, nor will ever be the sled he makes it out to be.

racing doesn't matter according to yamagoons so.......who cares???
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Postby RIGGS » March 13th, 2003, 3:53 pm

(all in fun, but)
kawi, I got my azz handed to me going across a lake(in 20" of uncut snow)last month by a RX-1. On my '98 SRX @ 96mph and climbing, a RX-1 walked by me, no sweat.(keep in mind the SRX .71" stock track ain't worth a pinch of sh!t in 20" of fresh snow)
I(in 2nd)was right on the tail of another SRX(in 1st)in our group of 16 sleds...when off to my left I see a Fatt-A s s RX-1 passing me @ 100+mph! It was pretty cool(see pics post).
We had Yamaha's, big cc Polaris's, 1 A/C and even a Blade. The RX-1 kicked tail across the lake.
That being said, it seemed to suck wind on the N.Wi. trail system compared to a flat cornering SRX.
But I can see why treewacker likes his in the wide open spaces, no doubt.
BTW, the RX-1 guys adujsted their sleds a couple times(new), 1 Pol. blew a belt, 1 Pol. crashed and 1 Pol. had clutch issues and the 1 A/C guy(my bro-inlaw)stayed toward the back so he wouldn't have a melt down like last year. The RX-1 can hold it's own across the lake, but on the trail...? not so much.
Just my findings.
I'm sure if there was a 800 A/C we would have been taken to school... lol
Peace.
[url=http://community.webshots.com/user/trumannsdad]My web page[/url]
RIGGS

Postby trewakr » March 13th, 2003, 4:03 pm

Kawicat can't handle the truth.....
trewakr

Postby trewakr » March 13th, 2003, 4:03 pm

Kawicat can't handle the truth.....
trewakr

Postby Icehole » March 13th, 2003, 4:05 pm

How many miles or hrs ya got on a RX1 Kawi?Has definitive has your post is it must be alot.Hell the dam thing even skips well out to about 300 ft before ya get that paddleboatin feel,and 300 is about all I'm comfortable with on my lighter 800.Yea they'll go alot further,but when the acceleration feel stops and the just holdin your own feel starts I'm lookin for solid ground/ice.
Seems to me that the only people on this board that have rode one and still hated it as much as you just have a bone to pick with Tree.BTW.. goin to throw a leg over an 800 Cat this wkend and see what those are all about.
Icehole

Postby SLEDHEADRED » March 13th, 2003, 9:32 pm

hahaha SKILIFT that was a goodone, ORANGE FLOATIES
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Next

Return to Trash Talkers