Subscribe Today

Is it winter yet?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Is it winter yet?

Postby Long time cat man » June 25th, 2003, 11:37 am

Hey Slick Jimmy,
Already been checking on prices, but it keeps changing on the air fare every time I take a look.
Now it's up to almost $4oo RT for me. I change plans though in Minneapolis, and I checked- it's $335 RT for you from there. Christmas day is a cheap day to travel on, if you can arrange it with family. My wife's been flying to Florida on the 25th for years. The Sleep Inn in Missoula is 53.95 per nite for the 25th through the 29th. I'am thinking heading for home on the 30th. If you wanna split a room- be my guest! I know some older guys who would probably go with me, but hell, I turn 55 in Feb. and their older than I am. Don't know if they can take it. Hell, I don't know if I can take it, but I'am not getting any younger, and I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. Talked to the wife about it today, and I got her blessing. Renting a car is about $200. Don't know if we need an SUV or pick-up with a trailer or not. That's why I'd like to rent from a place on the trail.
Long time cat man

Is it winter yet?

Postby RENEGADE13 » June 25th, 2003, 12:14 pm

SledHeadRed, 1 person in our group got a $347 fine for littering. The idiot that was littering got nervous when we were getting pulled over and started to sink a few beer cans. Hello, rangers with binoculars over here! So the littering tickets were well deserved. As far as I know about the other group they got 2 tickets for littering @$347 each. And the hefty one at $547, I believe was a combo of serving a minor and possesion of alcohol. One person lost a life vest when they tipped their canoe over and got a $70 fine. All in all a good learning experience that will go into our canoe trip history.
RENEGADE13

Is it winter yet?

Postby trewakr » June 25th, 2003, 3:26 pm

Long Time cat man
In the bunch of guys I ride with we have two fourplace trailers and several 2 place. We can haul your sled as you would be part of our group. Just an idea. I don't think any of the stock rental Cats at Lolo Hot Springs would get into some of the places we go, especially in early season because ther'll be a lot of deep fluffy powder, sometime 4 or 5 feet. I can do some checking around for you on sleds.
Another thought I had is they have really nice rooms at Lolo hot springs, you would have to check prices. If you're going to rent a sled for several days or so, you could just leave it in our trailer, or if you want you could even stay at a buds house in Frenchtown where I'll be. He's single, has a big house. Anyway, you have plenty of time to plan things out and I'll do some checking too if you want. A few of you other guys are welcome to come too. Hey, 55 isn't old, I'm 50.
XC rider, what part of Mn ya from? I was born in Blackduck but moved here when I was 7 years old.

*This Message was edited on 25-Jun-03 08:37 PM by trewakr*
trewakr

Is it winter yet?

Postby amsoilman » June 25th, 2003, 7:43 pm

Wakr; nice pics! I'd rather have those mountains for a view from my house, than the lake in front of my place! Bet the riding is a blast, too!
amsoilman

Is it winter yet?

Postby straycat » June 26th, 2003, 1:40 am

You guys need to get a life! It's summer! get a boat! get a motorcycle! race a lawnmower! something. SUMMER ROCKS!!!!!

Oh I almost forgot the best thing about summer!

SUMMER DRESSES!!!!!! WoooooHooooo!
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Is it winter yet?

Postby Burky » June 26th, 2003, 2:14 am

Are you excited about seeing someone else wearing those dresses, or wearing them yourself?
If you are in the ditch, upside down, and the sled's on top of you, you are doing something wrong.....
Burky

Is it winter yet?

Postby ThunderStruck » June 26th, 2003, 11:26 am

straycat's and summer dresses, this thread could have fit in well with the billboard topic. I bet you like them in green?
As of July 01/2003 I am one of Canada's most notorious criminals, I have unregistered firearms and a 2-stroke snowmobile.
[url=http://www.lufa.ca][b]LUFA[/b][/url]
[img]http://www.animatedgif.net/flags/flagscan/canada_gl_e0.gif[/img][img]http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/uploads/av-156.jpg[/img][img]http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/images/corner/homer-simpson-as-hulk.jpg[/img]
ThunderStruck

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers