Subscribe Today

Is it winter yet?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Is it winter yet?

Postby Long time cat man » June 25th, 2003, 12:03 am

You guys are agitators, but I love it!! Here Mordax- where are you? Love those Thunderbirds too, saw them in Ft. Lauderdale last month. But I sure would rather see them from a mountain top in Big Sky country. Wife wouldn't agree with me though. Gotta get out there and ride once before I'am too old. Talked to people from Sheridan, Wyoming awhile ago who said " come on out "...
Long time cat man

Is it winter yet?

Postby trewakr » June 25th, 2003, 12:12 am

Long TimeCat Man
If you ever get the bug to ride over here, just get ahold of me. I think people should try and get to the mountains to ride at least once before the Green Nazi's get it closed.
trewakr

Is it winter yet?

Postby Long time cat man » June 25th, 2003, 1:19 am

Already got the bug!! In fact I may do it this year between Christmas and New Years. Would rather go with someone locally than a big place like Yellowstone. Checked air prices, and it's cheaper flying into Sheridan than Boozman, but that's a long way from you, isn't it? Aren't you in Northwest Montanna? Are there lots of rentals near the riding areas?
Long time cat man

Is it winter yet?

Postby Burky » June 25th, 2003, 2:24 am

See Wakr, you make my point for me. Playing the game there has left you with either faster or smarter turtles! And that's the whole point to it. The "POP" sound is just a fringe benefit!
If you are in the ditch, upside down, and the sled's on top of you, you are doing something wrong.....
Burky

Is it winter yet?

Postby trewakr » June 25th, 2003, 4:21 am

Long time cat man
There are quite a few rental places around Missoula and most of our riding is close to Missoula. Bozeman is east of Missoula about 150 miles, excellent riding there too, but I haven't done any riding there. The best riding here is along the Montana/Idaho border from Superior to highway 12. Millions of acres of high altitude riding and snow to die for. Kurt's Polaris has a bunch of rental sleds at Lolo Hot Springs near Lolo pass too. The RMK's with long track work great out of the box.
trewakr

Is it winter yet?

Postby Long time cat man » June 25th, 2003, 8:27 am

Hey wakr
Man, you got me going now! I live 4 miles from the airport here in central lower Mi. and I found a flight to Missoula for $343 round trip. Looked at good rates at a Sleep Inn there too. I'am gonna guess the RMK's probably rent for $150 per day. Do you know if the rentals are right on the trails?? I'll have to call and check on that. Mmmmm, I'am gonna work on this idea!!
Long time cat man

Is it winter yet?

Postby trewakr » June 25th, 2003, 9:16 am

I just checked, the only rentals right at the trail heads are Arctic Cat 500 and 600. I would rent from Kurt's Polaris in Missoula, we all trailer up from there anyway. It's only 45 minutes or so, then you can go where you want. Most of the time we ride into Surveyor, HooDoo or Papoose Cr. They're all cross country rides with a nice 1/2 hour or so trail ride into the area. Here's a couple of pics what these areas look like.
trewakr

Is it winter yet?

Postby ThunderStruck » June 25th, 2003, 9:43 am

Those pics look awesome Whacker, even with that Yamaha taking away from the natural beauty of the landscape, I think a green Cat would blend in well though.
As of July 01/2003 I am one of Canada's most notorious criminals, I have unregistered firearms and a 2-stroke snowmobile.
[url=http://www.lufa.ca][b]LUFA[/b][/url]
[img]http://www.animatedgif.net/flags/flagscan/canada_gl_e0.gif[/img][img]http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/uploads/av-156.jpg[/img][img]http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/images/corner/homer-simpson-as-hulk.jpg[/img]
ThunderStruck

Is it winter yet?

Postby slick_jimmyb » June 25th, 2003, 9:50 am

Long Time Cat Man,
Let me know what you find out about all the prices and such. I have that time off work,(between Christmas and New Years). I maybe be able to meet you out there.
REV-ROX
slick_jimmyb

Is it winter yet?

Postby XC-Rider » June 25th, 2003, 9:54 am

What did I hear??
treewacker is hosting the mountain trashers ride??
Count me in!
XC-Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers