Subscribe Today

So the F-cat was the numer one selling sled this year

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MM700 » July 1st, 2003, 3:08 am

...but it wasn't sled of the year ;) ...was it CAT GUYS?????? LMAO!!!!....I just read the post where You guys were attacking wacker about left over F-cats....Talk about thin skinned...You guys can't stand the truth can you...Lots of left over F-cats up here....3 700's and 2 500's at Trackside in Eagle River.....4 700's and a 500 at Shoeders in Rhinelander....shall I go on?????...in comparison.....Heckel's in Eagle River has 2 Rx-1's...North Country in Tomahawk, has 1.....and Heckles no 03 Vipers, while North Country has 2 (an LE and a standard).....Ok Cat Guys... tell me what company is more profitable...Yamaha made only so many RX-1's.....Cat made a ton of F-cats, which cost about $1,200 dollars less than an Rx-1.....would you rather almost sell out of a more expensive product or sell a litttle bit more of a product that costs alot less,and have lots of left overs????? ...All you east coast and mountain riders need to remember...the upper midwest had very little snow last year (and haven't had much for the past 5 years)...Alot of people I know are not buying new sleds...Why would you...???...You can't ride them, when there is no snow....I have even considered not buying one....and maybe just renting one once a month up in the U.P. for a weekend (Dec thru April)......I would come out money ahead...big time...think about the cost of gas trailering your sleds, insurance, loan payments....it all adds up...this is not a cheap sport that we love.
MM700

Postby Snotcicles » July 1st, 2003, 3:23 am

Not sure why you felt you needed to start a new post with this, but you pretty much summed up the problem with the Yamaha philosophy all along. That is, that the only reason they build sleds is to make profit. They really don't contribute to the sport itself, ie racing. They rehash old technology, borrow engines from other divisions put new plastic on old sleds and shove it down your bluehairs throats. In fact, MM, your last sentence rally sums up the whole Yamalover phsyce' in general where you state you would be further ahead to just rent a sled to do some casual riding. Isn't that what Yamaha targets thier product towards anyways? Casual riding? Just askin':):):)
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Postby MM700 » July 1st, 2003, 3:37 am

Yeah Snotty...why don't you come for a leisure ride with me....lol......you missed the point completely, cause you are so blindly green....WE HAVE HAD NO SNOW IN THE UPPER MIDWEST FOR 5 YEARS !!!!!!! The only place with snow has been the Lake Superior snow belt of the U.P.....Don't you think it's a little stupid to spend $8,000 every two years for a machine you don't use or have to trailer to go riding(at least 200 miles)??????...I do.....find it a stupid way to spend money...I love sledding...but I like other things in life too...and i would like to have some money for those things too...don't you????
MM700

Postby ArcticEd » July 1st, 2003, 3:50 am

Don't you guys have anything better to do than speculate over the marketing philosophies of snowmobile companies????? Jeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz............. Any company that wants to revolutionize the industry with some stop-the-world sales ideas need look no further than right here.
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby SkiLift » July 1st, 2003, 3:59 am

I really want a Yamaha blue F'Cat.
SkiLift

Postby NorthernSkunk » July 1st, 2003, 4:05 am

All I know is.....the f-cat chassis won a hell of alot more races than any yamaha chassis' did last year. In all kinds of sled racing.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Icehole » July 1st, 2003, 4:27 am

For sh its and giggles lets do the math.
Sled rental=$175 a day x 2(a weekend)=350x5 months=1750x2yrs=$3500.

New sled=$8000+$800ins for 2 yrs =$8800.On average that sled is still worth $4000 in 2 yrs so $8800-$4000=$4800

So to save$1300 over 2 yrs yer gonna ride only once a month for two days on a piece a sh it rental sled in what you'd have us think is a very aggressive riding style? you start taking 3 day trips once a month and yer spendin more to rent and have very limited riding time.

This is the type of math I use on the wife every 2 yrs or so.
Icehole

Postby MM700 » July 1st, 2003, 5:03 am

Even in Ovals Skunk??????
MM700

Postby Mainecat » July 1st, 2003, 5:15 am

Hey MM WTF is your point? The midwest had a low snow season? Were you sleepin for the last 12 months? If postin here that your nor not really sure you won't to own a sled and typin it out may justify that fact you probably should rent for the small amount of riding you do. IF we have a big snow year you will be sorry. FYI appx 17,000 firecats were sold in 03. I have the breakdown of how many of each were sold and what color if you would like?
Mainecat

Postby MM700 » July 1st, 2003, 5:19 am

Just pointing out the facts Mainecat....(and somebodies figures are way off about rentals)...and Do you have the numbers of each model made????........Tell us mainecat
MM700

Next

Return to Trash Talkers