Subscribe Today

Here's another one for my fellow hunters!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby MX-ZAHOLIC » November 19th, 2003, 5:17 pm

Okay, this is a weird one! I got this in my e-mail from a tournament fishing buddy of mine. This is a supposed possible world record buck that was taken in Iowa. I know that some of you have read about it in the papers. Here it is for those of you that didn't.

Here's the letter that was with the pic.

This is the photo of that possible new world record whitetail. This
old boy was taken a couple of weeks ago around Albia. Rumor has it out here that Cabela's has offered 1,000,000 for the head. The thing is kinda ugly.... don't know if I'd shoot him or not.... ya, right! An Albia, Iowa teenager has won the lottery of hunting. Tony Lovstuen, 15, shot a whitetail buck deer Sept. 29 in Monroe County.The animal sported what is believed to be the largest deer antlers ever recorded taken by a hunter. "A person could live three lifetimes and never see a deer rack like that," said Randy McPherren, conservation officer with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. He's also an official measurer for the Boone and Crockett Club, an organization that scores and records horns and antlers from North American trophy game. The club has the most widely recognized scoring system. The teen, accompanied by his father, Doug Lovstuen, shot the deer with a black powder gun during youth deer season. The animal was about 7 or 8 years old and weighed 250 to 300 pounds. The antlers have eight normal symmetrical tines and 30 abnormal tines pointing in different directions off the main parts. Doug Lovstuen was keeping details and most photos secret as he negotiated with hunting magazines and other hunting interests looking for an exclusive story about the nontypical antlers. Tony wasn't available to comment Wednesday. The antlers are scored by a formula that includes measuring different widths and lengths. The score for the rack from Tony's buck is 322. The record for this type of rack now is a little over 295. A Boone and Crockett official said it was too early to tell whether the Albia buck was a record because other whitetails might be out there that haven't been entered yet. State wildlife officials have said that other prize antlers have been valued at more than $20,000. The antlers from Tony's deer are larger and could be worth a lot more.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p97483be95dcd52eeb7f457b299b9ff6d/fa83d28c.jpg[/img]
[b][purple]SNOW'S ALL GONE, TIME TO GO FISHIN'![/b][/purple]

[b][blue]WEATHER IN FORT FRANCES[/b][/blue]
[img]http://www.theweathernetwork.com/inter/weathercentre/weatherbutton/images/can/KINL.gif[/img]
MX-ZAHOLIC

Postby SLEDHEADRED » November 19th, 2003, 11:45 pm

Ive seen lots of racks, but that one is weird looking.
Id take the million dollars and run........WOULDNT YOU??
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Postby RIGGS1 » November 20th, 2003, 12:13 am

Wow that's an odd duck. Looks like some African thingy?

Is that Ray Romano? :)
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/WI/Mercer.gif[/img]
RIGGS1

Postby Luv2sled » November 20th, 2003, 1:43 am

I can certainly imagine that rack being a new world record.....just look at th length and mass of the tines...those friggin things go straight up......wow!
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby PA500XCSP » November 20th, 2003, 2:29 am

Seen a lot of deer that is one weird rack. Take the $1,000,000. NOW
PA500XCSP

Postby WIVIPERMAN » November 20th, 2003, 2:48 am

It looks like it has flames growing from it's head!....wierd & cool at the same time!
WIVIPERMAN
WIVIPERMAN

Postby catnfool » November 20th, 2003, 2:56 am

was that thing shot near a nuke dump?!! I bet that kid crapped his pants when that thing was in his sights:) My dad found a skull killed by blue tounge two years ago that had a 11" and 13" eyeguards. it was way skinnier tho. We lost most of our whitetail from blue tounge. just starting to come back.
catnfool

Postby Skidoo_Newf! » November 20th, 2003, 3:35 am

All I can say is......CRIPES!!!!!!!!
I may not have a sled right now but my office chair is modded to the max!!!!!
Skidoo_Newf!

Postby White Lighting » November 20th, 2003, 5:50 am

Cant argue that the rack is huge, but there is also still velvet on the rack which makes it look more massive that it really is. Without a doubt it is a deer of a lifetime.
GET ER DONE!!!
White Lighting

Postby MX-ZAHOLIC » November 20th, 2003, 7:44 am

Tell me about it. I sent an e-mail to my tackle rep. and he assured me that it's the real deal. If Cabela's really did offer a million bucks, I'd be on it like a fat kid on a cookie!
[b][purple]SNOW'S ALL GONE, TIME TO GO FISHIN'![/b][/purple]

[b][blue]WEATHER IN FORT FRANCES[/b][/blue]
[img]http://www.theweathernetwork.com/inter/weathercentre/weatherbutton/images/can/KINL.gif[/img]
MX-ZAHOLIC

Return to Trash Talkers