Subscribe Today

Trail sled Ski-doo vs Polaris

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby snirt » November 24th, 2003, 7:04 am

well ken, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but i have to disagree with you on the rev being a "ditch-banger wanna-be-trail-sled" i withheld judgement on it's long-ride comfort until i got mine and spent some time on it, and after a year in the saddle, i think it's far more comfortable on a long ride than my zx chassis sled was, or my friends zr6, or my other buddies edge-x7, or another buddy's xc8 w/m-10, or any other sled i've spent significant time on. it's a cold sled, i'll give you that, but trail comfort is not one of it's weak points... quite the opposite. you can blow your polaris horn all you want, but i think i'm being objective here. the edge chassis with m-10 is better than any zx chassis for trail cruising, but the rev rides better than the pol with or without m-10. i don't see too many rev owners "ashamed" of their rear suspension.

my least favorite part of my rev is trying to crow-bar a buddy off it after you let him take it for a rip. riding his sled always feels awkward to me now.
snirt

Postby White Lighting » November 24th, 2003, 7:41 am

Have you heard of any M-10 owners being "ashamed" of their rear suspension? I dont think so. Both suspension are great without a doubt, it all depends on rider preference.
GET ER DONE!!!
White Lighting

Postby White Lighting » November 24th, 2003, 7:44 am

I dunno why everyone is debating the Rev rear skid against the M10. The post was asking about the SC10 III and the M10. Without a doubt the M10 is the better suspension and the Edge is a better chassis than the ZX.

Sorry for posting twice, my computer was messed up.
GET ER DONE!!!
White Lighting

Postby snirt » November 24th, 2003, 7:53 am

i'm with you, white lightning. good post(s).

i brought up the rev because i didn't know if the legend was on the rev chassis this year, and i was trying to answer the original question. according to superduty, the rev trail-cruser is called the GSX. i think the legend is still in the zx chassis, which IMHO is not exactly "legendary"

and no, i don't know any m-10 owners that are ashamed of their rear skids either.
snirt

Postby SlapNuts » November 24th, 2003, 8:05 am

Not to be a dick, but I do not believe most folks would rate the ZR6 or XC8 a "cruiser" or 1 up touring sled either.
SlapNuts

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » November 24th, 2003, 8:29 am

O.K. let me back up a second here [b]snirt[/b]. What I meant to say was the GSX is the Legend like package in the Rev chassis! You know elec. start,reverse,mirrors and a more plus ride. That's what I meant to say. Yes they do still make the Legend in the Zx skid, and no it's not that legendary!
SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

Postby snirt » November 24th, 2003, 9:17 am

you are a dick slappy ;), but i agree with you. i was comparing chassis. the zr's and xc's are cross country sleds for sure, but they have softer-sprung brethren, namely the zl, and classic. my bad.
snirt

Postby Bearcat1 » November 24th, 2003, 10:27 am

Thanks for the great responses. I've always had Polaris' and was leaning toward the 500 Classic due to the M-10.
Bearcat1

Postby snirt » November 24th, 2003, 11:03 am

go for it, bearcat. you'll love it.
snirt

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » November 24th, 2003, 3:38 pm

Get the ProX2-800 you Wimp! lol :B J.K. B.C.! At least with the 2 brands you mentioned, you heading in the right direction!
SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers