Subscribe Today

2003 F-7 Problems

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby KenPopino » January 15th, 2004, 3:47 pm

#1) I have a 2003 F-7 Firecat with a bulkhead break that the dealer "fixed", to my dismay, by installing aluminum strapings to hold it together. Ever hear of that? Friends who have the same sled had theirs replaced. They ride a harder and bulheads were broken, and mine is just cracked and was not replaced.

#2) The sled is now dieing out at ~48 miles/hour, sometimes. Not always, and within the same day can run fine some speed runs and others at a certain undetermined speed will cut out and the engine light will turn on. After letting off the throttle, the engine will even backfire.

Any comments, besides "this sled sucks", would be appreciated.
KenPopino

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby ThunderStruck » January 15th, 2004, 3:53 pm

Sounds like you need to buy another F-7. I've seen this before, your sled was assembled by an employee who used to worked for Yamaha and his work didn't pass their fit & finish standards..... Don't worry, this same guy won't assemble your second sled.
As of July 01/2003 I am one of Canada's most notorious criminals, I have unregistered firearms and a 2-stroke snowmobile.
[url=http://www.lufa.ca][b]LUFA[/b][/url]
[img]http://www.animatedgif.net/flags/flagscan/canada_gl_e0.gif[/img][img]http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/uploads/av-156.jpg[/img][img]http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/images/corner/homer-simpson-as-hulk.jpg[/img]
ThunderStruck

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby KenPopino » January 15th, 2004, 3:59 pm

P.S. Snow Pro version
KenPopino

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby kenlacy » January 15th, 2004, 4:19 pm

I would take the sled back to the dealer and tell them you want a new bulkhead - I can't believe they would repair a new sled like that with such a serious problem - that is ridiculous!

I am not sure about F-cat - but if the engine is moutned to any part of that - and it is flexing where it is not suppose to you - you are gonna have issues with your clutch alignment, causing all kinds of problems.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby raisinL » January 15th, 2004, 5:03 pm

Sorry about your problems Ken really!! But our cat experts here on these fourms saying the F7s are FLAWLESS. You almost fooled me like those yami guys posting all those false reports on the hcs fourms.
raisinL

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby kawicat » January 15th, 2004, 5:04 pm

what plugs are you running?
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby PolarisIsBetter » January 15th, 2004, 5:12 pm

well lets see here, the problem with your f7 is that it is junk. you waste your precious hard earned moola on a recycled lawnmower with skis. if you really wanted to be a master of the snow, i would direct you to the nearest junkyard to smash that crapcat into a million smidgens, than, you would take those smidgens and throw them into a burning blaze of scrap metal.

have fun with your *****cat.

pure polaris!
Polaris Rules, and your sled sucks.
PolarisIsBetter

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby kenlacy » January 15th, 2004, 5:37 pm

Take the rippin with a grain of salt - you posted this in the trasher section - if you want non-trash responses only - posted it in the regular snowmonews forum.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby studs4me » January 15th, 2004, 6:31 pm

Ken,
Get the final word from your dealer on what he can do,will do and why. Find two more Cat dealers.different ones . Talk to them and just tell them what you would like to see and ask how they can help you and earn your business when you need to come back.
If you find every dealer you try won't help you on your issues. Go right at Artic Cat Inc.

Artic Cat Inc.: HQ
601 Brooks Ave. S.
Thief River Falls,Mn 56701
Phone 218 681 8558 ,fax 218 681 3162
CEO Christopher Twomey
www.artic-cat.com
If nothing works to your satisfaction.........you will know what not to buy next time. Don't support poor products and even worse don't support companies that don't stand up to the products they build.
I hope it works out for you...... remember it's only a sled, what would you do if this was your health?
[red] "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, booze in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally wornout and screaming WOHOO!! what a ride!"
[/red]
studs4me

2003 F-7 Problems

Postby Yamanator » January 15th, 2004, 7:00 pm

You got alluminum strappings?!! What happened to the ol duct tape and zippy ties? Cat quality control improving I see.
Max out or black out.
Yamanator

Next

Return to Trash Talkers