Subscribe Today

XC SP or Pro-x?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby mnsnowboy » February 15th, 2004, 2:15 am

I don't know a lot about the suspension differences, but I am thinking that I would like a Pro-X more since I like to ditch ride too. Probably be either a new 03 or 04. Don't want an X2 either. That will be too cold for this guy. What do you guys think about either one of these? (polaris riders I should say...) Although I am sure that I will get trashed.

-sb
Kick ass!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/rocking.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/hellyeahFireIcon.gif[/IMG][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/bobZilla.gif height=90 width=20[/img]
mnsnowboy

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby kenlacy » February 15th, 2004, 4:17 am

I can't say that I have ridden a Pro-X - but we beat the hell out of our 02XC8's in the ditches and road approaches - I run an M-10, my bud has the Edge, both work excellently and have incredible trail manners.

I would hazard to guess the Pro-x's are gonna handle the poundin a little better in the long run, but I can't imagine they are as stable on the trails.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby RevXRacer » February 15th, 2004, 2:48 pm

i would take the pro x, the sleds handle great, the rear suspensin is really tunalbe with the clicker shox and all, the Xc's handle really good but the pro x's are better at least all the ones i have ridden
Ride Hard Or Go Home!!:M
RevXRacer

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby d-man » February 15th, 2004, 5:06 pm

I'd get the Pro-X. You will have more adjustability options with the clicker shocks. Also it will be easier to stand with the higher race-style handlebars. The XC-SP is a very good sled (I own an '02) but it's wearing my knees out trying to stand up with the handlebars so low, and I think the standard edge w/position sensitive shock is a little on the too soft side. Can't take much jumping or hard riding for a 210 lb rider, or maybe my shocks just need to be recharged. I have 2090 miles on them without a recharge.
Also, if you can, get a 1.25" lug track. I now swear by deeper lug(but not too deep) tracks and wouldn't get a sled with a track less than 1".
HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY!
Lost your cat? Try looking in a salvage yard!
d-man

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby NorthernSkunk » February 15th, 2004, 5:39 pm

and they are both cold right?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby kenlacy » February 15th, 2004, 5:45 pm

Most of the XC's have clickers.

It comes down to whether you want a sled that has better trail manners and high speed stability - go with the XC.

If you want a sled you can throw around a little more and will handled hardcore abuse - go with the Pro-x.

And Skunk, my XC has good wind protection - I did opt for the large windshield.

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby NorthernSkunk » February 15th, 2004, 5:51 pm

Doesn't the large windshield really throw off the "look" though?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby dekm61 » February 15th, 2004, 6:33 pm

the xc's are alot more stable at higher speeds. and as long as the corners are bumpy there predictable. I enjoyed my 700 xc and am waiting to see what's up for 05.
[b]dekm61[/b]
dekm61

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby mnsnowboy » February 16th, 2004, 2:56 am

Thanks guys, I like the advice. I was thinking about that softer approach with the regular XC. Kenlacy do you have any comments on this? it's probably what I can get a better deal on, although I would like to have the extra reliability factor.

-sb
Kick ass!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/rocking.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/hellyeahFireIcon.gif[/IMG][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/bobZilla.gif height=90 width=20[/img]
mnsnowboy

XC SP or Pro-x?

Postby kenlacy » February 16th, 2004, 4:05 am

As I have said before, I haven't been on a Pro-x so it is hard to judge the difference in suspensions.

I do know that a friend of mine has the edge rear skid with the clicker shock - he does a lot of ditchbangin, trailriding and lake racing. He has 3000 miles on his and hasn't had a problem with it, not even a shock job yet. He loves it!

He says if he had it to do over again, he would have opted for the M-10 - both suspensions are great for ditchbangin, but the M-10 is by far the best trail and hacked trail (moguls) suspension you can get.

I wouldn't worry about durability - it is a Polaris after all :-)

I haven't been on an edge without the clicker shock - I am not sure how much of a diffrence that would make as well.

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Return to Trash Talkers