Subscribe Today

Who are you voting for and why.

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby treewhacker » February 23rd, 2004, 7:03 pm

Bush, because he doesn't beat around the Bush.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

Postby doo it » February 23rd, 2004, 10:16 pm

Salty, you old ~Spell Checker you~ I hope when I get old! I can be a ~Spell Checker too~ LMAO!!

Later
doo it

Postby raisinL » February 24th, 2004, 1:46 am

Cat people vote for Howard Dean this fall. He kinda like your sleds he just quit running.HA HA. George Bush no doubt about it.
raisinL

Postby dave583 » February 24th, 2004, 1:55 am

[quote]Cat people vote for Howard Dean this fall. He kinda like your sleds he just quit running.HA HA. George Bush no doubt about it.[/quote]

And dont forget the breakdown in Iowa. Hahahaha.
dave583

Postby hugeair » February 24th, 2004, 6:30 am

I have not posted on this board in a long, long time, but the political topics get me every time. Normally I'd go on a huge rant, but I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I do have to add a couple comments.

First, good post Land Warrior.
Second, I too am disappointed (as many of you are) about our choices. I am a "conservative" (Not Republican) who normally votes Republican, but am pissed off at some of the stupid things Bush has been doing, namely signging the Campaign Finance Reform into law and favoring NAFTA. I wish there WAS a third party that wasn't just a wasted vote.

The rest of my comments are for XCSP Chic. I am NOT picking on you, or trying to argue with you "beliefs". The problem I have with you "beliefs", is that they are offensive to my way of life. In other words, if your "opinion" affects me at the voting booth, then I no longer have to respect it. An "opinion" is something that CANNOT be right or wrong. You, unfortunately, are wrong about the gun issue. This is why:

Consider this:

Is cocaine illegal? Is marijuana illegal? The answer is "Yes". Do people still use illegal drugs? The answer is "yes". How do people get these drugs if they are illegal???

So, if we outlaw guns, or even if we get "more strict" gun laws, are criminals still going to have guns??? The answer, of course, is "yes". You see, these gun laws have no effect on the crime rate in a positve way, but in fact only hinder LAW ABIDING citizens' rights to defend themselves. This is a fact that will never, ever change, no matter how you feel about guns. The reality is that there are millions and millions of guns out there, that will ALWAYS be out there, and criminals will ALWAYS have them, regardless of the gun laws. Knowing that, why would you want to impose laws that only law-abiding citizens will follow???? Laws that will actually lead to an INCREASE, not a decrease, in crime.

Also, when was the last time you bought a gun without a background check?? THAT LAW ALREADY EXISTS.

One last thing, if the shotgun "that Grandpa gave you" (as was talked about earlier) does in fact end up killing someone some time in the fugure, then whose fault would that be?? Would you blame it on the lawful owner of that gun if he was not the person who did the killing? Or would you blame it on the guy who actually committed the crime?? Or would you go so far as to hold the gun manufacturer responsible and overlook the guy who actually pulled the trigger??

Again, I hope you don't think I'm picking on you. You stated earlier that other people are not "open minded", like you. I feel that maybe you are the person who is not open-minded, at least on this subject. Well, here's your chance to prove your open-mindedness and really think about this issue for yourself. NOT what Dan Rather and Pete Jennings tell you is correct, and not what all the liberals tell is correct, but what YOUR mind tells you is correct. Thanks for reading, and I hope you weren't offended, as I am only trying to get you to think about and consider a different side of this argument.
hugeair

Postby snowyooper » February 24th, 2004, 9:56 am

Maybe Bush isnt running things the way the world wants it, but we all know how the Democrats will let the UN handle our country. Bush again.
snowyooper

Postby ZR600DPD » February 24th, 2004, 10:12 am

Hugeair that was a great reply about guns god bless ya. It's not the guns that kill people it's people that kill people, anything can be used as an weapon of murder. what do you do then, outlaw steakknives, baseball bats, golf clubs, dog collars the list can go on forever as long as there is people there will be criminals. and i'm not sure who i'm voteing for yet they all kinda suck in their own way.
ZR600DPD

Postby M10rules » February 24th, 2004, 10:39 am

If you wants sleds beyond next year vote Bush. If the Democrats get back in kiss your snowmobiles good bye. I may not agree with some of the things bush does, but I agree with most of it. He leaves freedoms alone and gets us more when he can. Democrats will take away freedoms everychance they get.

I was taught how to handle guns properly by my family, same way as will my kids. Its not the goverments job to teach kids how to properly handle guns, as its not the goverments job to raise your kids and teach them right from wrong, its a parents job and if they need to spank the kids let them.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby XCSPchick » February 24th, 2004, 10:45 am

Just forget what I said. I'm not getting into this anymore, I've got a few more things to worry about right now than who I'm going to vote for in 8 months. I should just stay out of here for good, I seem to be pissing off more people everyday.
God must love stupid people; He made so many.
XCSPchick

Postby Cummins Thunder » February 24th, 2004, 10:53 am

[quote] I should just stay out of here for good, I seem to be pissing off more people everyday. [/quote]

never ever quit.
[img]http://am_ber_lyn.tripod.com/cummins2[/img]
Fear the Diesel!!!
[img]http://am_ber_lyn.tripod.com/cummins_logo.bmp[/img]
Cummins Thunder

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers