Subscribe Today

So Polaris is getting ut of the ditch banger market... can you say the new #3 in sales

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

So Polaris is getting ut of the ditch banger market... can you say the new #3 in sales

Postby Rockrider » February 24th, 2004, 6:32 am

WTF is Polaris thinking by dropping the Pro-X line and not offering the new Fusion in anything smaller than a 900? Are they retarded? Do the unchanged '05 Edge XC's suddenly posess better handling and suspension simply because of the BNG? other thing, if this Fusion chassis has been in development for 5 years like they say, then why the he11 didn't they race test it like Ski-doo? I bet it isn't up to the task. So basically if you want a new Polaris you either pony up $9000+ or buy a '01 Edge with BNG!

Who would have guessed Polaris would fall from grace so hard, so fast. It's like they are aiming for Yamaha's position in sales! They better hope the quads keep selling.
Rockrider

Postby hugeair » February 24th, 2004, 6:37 am

I think they are trying to make an "all-in-one" type of machine with the Fushion. Seems like they are worried more about production costs of making many different types of sleds for different riders. They seem to be trying to appeal to everyone with one sled. I will wait to see how this thing performs before saying anything negative, but I have to agree with you that it appears to be a mistake.

I'd be willing to bet, though, that the future will see this sled offered with other engines and performance packages. It almost has to be.
hugeair

Postby Rockrider » February 24th, 2004, 6:41 am

And that's fine but what do they plan to sell this year?

Polaris is full of poop with the 5 years in development line. Had it been around for that long then it would have been intro'd with some more engines than just a 900. Cat did it with the Firecat, not that hard.
Rockrider

Postby Loudhandle » February 24th, 2004, 6:43 am

LMFAO Polairs is folding or moving the team to florida LMFAO way to go poodong. hehehehehehe polairs fans better visit a doo or cat dealer.
Keepin the flipper wicked since 1978
Loudhandle

Postby MXZMachs » February 24th, 2004, 6:44 am

Hold on Rock. YamaLog has #4 lockup forever or until they get an idea about a new skid that dosn't use 4 bags off cement to make. Pooo still will ride nicer.
MXZMachs

Postby Icehole » February 24th, 2004, 6:57 am

Excuse me I think ya mispelled yer name there rider...

The Prox's brother's 5-8 xc's are more than capable of handing The others their a ss in the ditchs..
Icehole

Postby Rockrider » February 24th, 2004, 7:01 am

Really.. that's funny because weren't we all told by Polaris that the fallig rate front suspension, and longer wheelbase on the XC were based towards cruising and stability? Couldhave sworn that is why the Pro-X was designed in the first place, you know, all that stiffer, more durable chassis talk. Oh, and that the first two year Edge based 440's kept folding in half. But hey, if BNG's and the salesman's word works for you then have at it!
Rockrider

Postby Icehole » February 24th, 2004, 7:01 am

Loud, 03 AMA Elkhart is on now....should'nt ya be watchin and learnin

I showed Paul Newman the quickest way around that place in a Lola powered homemade back in 87...then we got high on salad dressing and vodka
Icehole

Postby Loudhandle » February 24th, 2004, 7:05 am

No I'm already a fast guy but hey i'll watch it
Keepin the flipper wicked since 1978
Loudhandle

Postby Icehole » February 24th, 2004, 7:07 am

Ya Rider the Prox's were even better at it..but unessessary for what's required to beat the competition which consists mainly of guys like Loud who spends most of their Bighorn trip staring at the aftermath of a miniature sno slide.....he looked mesmerized
Icehole

Next

Return to Trash Talkers