Subscribe Today

leelanaumotorsports, how would you like your crow prepared?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby snirt » March 1st, 2004, 6:18 am

lots of people don't like the rev for lots of different reasons, and that's fine. there are lots of different sleds out there for lots of different buyers. but you were pretty in-your-face about saying that the rev can't corner, and can't compete in cross-country racing blah, blah, blah anyone dumb enough to buy a rev fell for bombi's marketing BS... the rev and snowcross are killing the sport blah, blah blah.

well sir, it's time for you to eat a little crow. being the racing insider that you are, i'm sure you heard that a rev won the iron dog 2000 mile race, and the I500. so what happened? is it a conspiracy?
snirt

Postby dave583 » March 1st, 2004, 6:24 am

Yup, I remember his ramblings too.
dave583

Postby leelanaumotorsports » March 1st, 2004, 7:25 am

A little salt and some grilled onions please.

The fact that a Ski-Doo won IS the most important thing for the USCC.
This may help bring the Ski-Doo race program back into XC racing.I doubt it, but I hope they do! And with or without the factory, this win may bring more Ski-Doos to ALL of next years races.

The Fact that the person ridding the sled could have won the race on anything even a ZX chassis if he chose will mean nothing to anyone and will sound like I am coming up with excuses. Bottom line is that kid can fly and is basically a vise grip on a sled.

The fact that there really have been only four or five top riders in XC for the past two seasons will mean nothing to any of you either. Facts like Gabe Bunke (Polaris) or Justin Winter ( Cat) basically writting themsleves out of the race within the first day will sound like even more hog-wash but it is true. The competition took itself out.

The fact that Corey Davidson (while nursing potential bronchitis) was putting in lap times faster than or on par with Brian on his REV should tell you that it was not JUST the sled that won the race. The fact that Davidson most likely would have caught and passed Brian on the last day because of a broken shock on the REV is just another racing "IF" because Davidsons Pro-x quit running do to a bad stator taking him out of the race.

Don't get me wrong... The REV proved to be a formidable weapon in the right hands and that does say alot. However I will still stick to my guns and say that IF it is as good as you all say it is.
ANYONE could have won this race on one, Not just one of the top XC riders in the world.

I am glad Bryan won the race,He and his brothers are great racers. He went out on a limb and he made it happen. Still the fact that there were only two in the race is not good. And the fact that Davidson won the championship on a Polaris that is supposedly out-dated junk seems to make it all a wash in my book. I still do not see ANY total rider foward sled winning the entire USCC championship so long as there are sleds like the Edge xcsp,Pro-x's, Fire-cats or even some ZX's around.

I'd like a BUD with that crow Snirt... Got any cold ones?

Hey check the USCC website for the Pics. THIS IS SNOWMOBILE RACING!

These guys are flying over road crossings at 70 plus miles an hour and never looking back.
[b]Ride Hard, Ride Safe.[b]
leelanaumotorsports

Postby snirt » March 1st, 2004, 8:24 am

yea, i have a cold bud for you to wash it down.
good to see you're a good sport about it... you had to know this was comming.;)
snirt

Postby #14 Soo » March 1st, 2004, 8:57 am

John: As far as winter taking himself out in the first day what happened to him?? Gabe and Dyrdahl started in the same flight both days and he crashed the first day within a hundred yards of the start over an approach. The second day he was just going to follow, and crashed within two miles from the start. Maybe the Pro-x just can't hang with the REV!! This******about Corey being sick is no excuse, Mike and Bryan both had the flu all week and had very little sleep. Bryan was so sick that could not even party after the race!! And as far as Cory putting in better or the same lap times as Bryan, a minute and a half behind each day does not seem very close to me!! Thats about 2 miles a day, four total before sunday!! Thats not very close to me. Don't get me wrong Cory is a good rider, but he flat out got his As s handed to him this weekend, so did everybody else by Bryan and his showroom stock REV with no testing or riding time, just FOX shocks! Maybe one day the manufacturers will realize that X-Country racing is what consumers are going to watch to determine witch sled is the best trail riding, ditch riding sled out there. And right now it is the Rev!!! MIKE & BRYAN
#14 Soo

Postby leelanaumotorsports » March 1st, 2004, 9:11 am

Hey Mike-

Don't get me wrong I want Ski-Doo in XC... heck I want them all in XC!
Quote" The fact that Corey Davidson (while nursing potential bronchitis) was putting in lap times faster than or on par with Brian on his REV should tell you that it was not JUST the sled that won the race. " end Quote

I made that statement as testimonial about how tough these guys are and that they ride very hard... Corey goes faster, Bryan goes faster etc. and they are both already riding harder than most could even imagine!

I have based everything that I have said about the REVs in general on my personal experinces with them. Guys I know who ride them still can't hang with me in the woods or through the whoops. I still have not seen one in an Enduro. Or in the lake USCC races that leads me to belive that they really can't make everyone a better rider. If that were true there would or should have been ten of them in the USCC. (maybe now there will be).

Everything else that I say is based on my discussions with Corey and his thoughts about strength, durablity and general layout of the current sno-cross type race sleds. I mean no disrespect to anyone, I know you check this site,I know Chad,Gabe and Justin do as well. I heard that Gabe and Justin took themselves out, not good or bad just that they did.

Travis told me on sunday morning by phone that Corey was turning laps times as fast as Bryan on Saturday. I realize that the total time was slower each day. But they did turn several laps a day correct? It just seems to me that Bryan is as capable as anyone and could have won regardless of being on a RIDER FORWARD type of sled.

I will take anything that you have to say about how your REVs handled with the up-most respect. I am defending myself here as well as trying to spark some more interest in XC.

If they were all sick and they all held on just shows how tough they ALL are.

So tell me / us. flat out on the trail, through the woods, on the lake, down in the ditch, hows the REV?
and or...
would you trade our RX-1 for a REV 600 mod at the SOO in 2005?
[b]Ride Hard, Ride Safe.[b]
leelanaumotorsports

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » March 1st, 2004, 10:06 am

I think having Bryan and Ski-Doo winning the I-500 is great news for Pat Mach's circuit and cross-country racing in general. I don't think anybody in Roseau or Thief River Falls thought Ski-Doo could come in and steal the show from them. Bryans a great driver, but the rev has to be a great machine also, as he didn't have alot of time to prepare for this race either. My hat goes off to Bryan and Ski-Doo, a job well done by both of you!!

Its opened eyes at both factories in Roseau and Thief River Falls. Just maybe all the companies will have a cross-country team next year. Lets at least hope so.
Spy-Guy 74

Postby dheard4992 » March 1st, 2004, 1:09 pm

congrats Brian, its a shame Mike broke or mabey 1 and 2 would belong to doo.I havent read much on mike and his rev but was told he was flying as well.i hope doo helps you guys out next year as it seems a win in thief river must be just a bit sweeter for them.
dheard4992

Return to Trash Talkers