Subscribe Today

OT....US jobs moving overseas!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Luv2sled » March 10th, 2004, 3:52 am

Just thought I would share this with those who have an interest. I'm a consultant/accountant for an investment consulting firm. I use a fiduciary tax program from Intuit called Lacerte. I recieved a letter from them this morning stating that on February 9, 2004 they discontinued an India based customer service call center based on feedback from their clients..... I honestly think the shipping of these jobs to India and China will come full circle and bite these corps doing it in the rear end. Let's hope this is just the start.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby FreezurBurnt » March 10th, 2004, 3:55 am

Nothing like talking to a customer service agent who has to excuse herself as her english is not that good:M

That pisses me off:M
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

Postby M10rules » March 10th, 2004, 3:57 am

Ya Freeze, just as bad as calling those frenchies at Bombardier :B
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby BigJWalt » March 10th, 2004, 4:39 am

M10, I work in IT. Mostly the management side. The developer side is what is being shipped to india, even at the company I work at. Lots of worried developers.

I just read last week the reason we can now ship jobs there is the US has made the product, perfected it, found a way to mass produce it, then it goes offshore. This used to only happen in manufacturing, now its starting to happen in white collar jobs. This topic will get very interesting.

We have a high rate of unemployment in the U.S. yet we ship jobs over seas???? WTF?
[green]If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting. [b]Dick Vermeil[/b] [/green]
BigJWalt

Postby MAGNYS » March 10th, 2004, 4:44 am

I WORK IN THE DESIGN MANUFACTURING BUIZ. AND WE`VE BEEN LOSING JOBS TO MEXICO AND INDIA FOR YEARS! THEY WORK FOR 5.00 AN HOUR AND ARE HAPPY TO GET IT. ITS PRACTICALLY KILLED THE MANUFACTURING BUIZ IN THE DETROIT AREA!!!
Theres nothing like a shorn scrotum, it`s breathtaking I suggest you try it.
MAGNYS

Postby hugeair » March 10th, 2004, 4:52 am

This is good news, although for every step forward I'm sure we're taking 100 backward. What bothers me the most is all these "economists" trying to convince us that this is actually GOOD for the U.S.. I've listened to this argument with an open mind, and I just can't understand how it could be good.

I don't even want to get started on Mexico (NAFTA), China and the rest of the countries that now have our jobs. This doesn't seems to be a Dem/Rep issue, either. Seems nobody wants to put a stop to this. Big payoffs and big dollars rule. NAFTA was under Clinton, and Bush goes right along with it.
hugeair

Postby Luv2sled » March 10th, 2004, 5:01 am

hugeair.....it certainly isn't something that the government can snap their fingers at and make it all better again......that's why they aren't doing anything but talking about it. You have to remember, cheap labor won't be cheap forever and the US is the single largest consumer in the world so when we talk people listen.

Jim.....when you look at unemployment historicaly it isn't high....it's at like 5.8% which is rather low.....it just seems high because we came off a five year period of unsustainable economic growth driven primarily by tax cuts (97)...which created about 2 million more short term jobs that vanished as soon as the economic boom came to a standstill (1999-2000).....the US has been losing manufacturing jobs to overseas workers for years....that's nothing new, what has made it an even bigger problem is the productivity level of the US workforce........the workforce requires less workers and produces more products.....a labor squeeze is inevitable in that situation. As long as the US can sustain a normal level (3-4% gdp) growth a year things will be OK.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby doo it » March 10th, 2004, 5:26 am

NAFTA Plain and simple! Blaim the wife cheating lieing take our guns and public land use "Clinton" !!! Why pay us 10-25 $$$$ per hour when you can pay some child labor sweat shop who pays their workers pennies a day and NO! benifits, then ship it back here duty FREE!!!!. Talk about for the rich! The liberals vote in something like this, then b1tch about a Bush tax cut. The Democrats used to be for the working man. Now they are for the fresh off the boat, single **** kid producing no daddy, gay, tree huggers.

WAKE UP!!! put the blaim were it belongs! The europian AZZ KISSING! liberals, who shipped our jobs over sea's, thinking Wal-marts prices would go down for the single mother with 9 kids from 9 daddy's!! with all that "Cheap" products comming into our country. Thats real economic thinking!

Later
doo it

Postby Luv2sled » March 10th, 2004, 5:30 am

LOL @ doo it.
Luv2sled

Postby hugeair » March 10th, 2004, 5:32 am

Luv2, the Government created the problem, so they should start fixing it. First by getting rid of NAFTA. Second, by putting import tarriffs on Chinese and Mexican junk.

Reagan did it back in the early '80s on Japanese motorcycles when Harley-Davidson was all but out of business. Look at them now.
hugeair

Next

Return to Trash Talkers