Subscribe Today

stop picking on polaris

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

stop picking on polaris

Postby maxiracer » August 17th, 2004, 8:18 am

Sorry T'NT, but the 86 Formula Plus had a 521cc non-RAVE motor. You never could get the RAVE on a 521. Only motors in the 80's that you could get the RAVE on was the 583 . The 92 Formula Plus X had the RAVE, but that was the 583 from the Mach 1,which now had the 617cc motor before the 670 came out in the Mach 1x.
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

stop picking on polaris

Postby zrcat » August 17th, 2004, 8:18 am

[quote]First to use CVT clutch system
First to use coupled skid setup
First to use EFI
First to use T-arms
First with a 800 twin
First to use radiator for added cooling in low snow conditions
First Mtn sled
First with hollow reinforced drive axle to delete flexing
First to tilt motor to allow for lower CG
First with using TEAM roller
First to use 5 gal tank on race sleds
First to use a timing switch (ignition)
and as Uller noted... first tilt steering[/quote]

Very disputable list here....Somebodies FACTS are a bit squewed. "first to use TEAM roller"???!!! WTF! you mean first to be incapable to make own roller. THEY BOUGHT IT YOU WAD!! How about First to USE ROLLER,......CAT!. What a horsechit statement that was......BIG PHUCKING DEAL!!! EFI was stolen, Cost Poo in excess of 38 million to get out of lawsuit, Timing switch, NOPE. T-arms, NOPE. Tilt steering, NOPE, that was DOO. UUuhhh, Hollow drive does not "delete" only reduces. First coupled skid...uuuh, idea from another source but yes, I think I'll give them that much even though it was not worth a chit. First to tilt motor....mmmmmmm, nope. First to use 5 gallon tank on a race sled???????? Oh look at meeeee, I'm doing cartwheels....BFD!
zrcat

stop picking on polaris

Postby T'NT340rider » August 17th, 2004, 8:22 am

[quote]Sorry T'NT, but the 86 Formula Plus had a 521cc non-RAVE motor. You never could get the RAVE on a 521. Only motors in the 80's that you could get the RAVE on was the 583 . The 92 Formula Plus X had the RAVE, but that was the 583 from the Mach 1,which now had the 617cc motor before the 670 came out in the Mach 1x.[/quote]

never said it was the original motor,lol.
Proud member of the Carhartt Clan Vintage Snowmobile Club.

-I am a 315er, and proudly support the other 315ers at www.315er.net fight for Wayne County, Webster Sucks!!
T'NT340rider

stop picking on polaris

Postby Xtreme XC » August 17th, 2004, 8:46 am

Gee zrcat, no more off on a limb than you cat guys are. Timing switch I'm referring to is the low octane switch. When did the Sno Pro use the multiple timing switch? 2000?

I only made the point about the Team roller because Cat ditched their own "ultimate" roller FOR the team roller right after Polaris starting using it. Most Cat drag racers to this day use the older button Cat clutches... same with the gas tank, in '02 when Poo started using the 5gal tank on the race sled all you and your other cat wads did was laugh at it, then amazingly in '04 here comes a 5 gal tank and TEAM on the sno pro!

Doo did telescopic or someting to that effect steering, nobody has had tilt steering. Adjustable yes (every sled has adjustable steering) but not tilt.

Once again, if coupled skid wasn't worth a chit way did Cat start using it. Fact is that's why Cat's didn't handle the corners worth a chit until '02 becaue they finally started using a coupled skid.

Poo has had their motors tilted for a few years (talking new sleds here). Cat didn't do that until the F-cat. Poo's is a 20 degree, the Fusion is only 2 degree's more at 22.

You Cat wads started this post so deal with it LOL

And don't even get me started on Cat's ATV's... LMAO what a joke! Ask Wacker!
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

stop picking on polaris

Postby zrcat » August 17th, 2004, 8:56 am

LOL.
zrcat

stop picking on polaris

Postby mnsnowboy » August 17th, 2004, 11:17 am

Ya, XC- I don't really care for the whole Cat wheeler thing. I DO own a Zuki quad that has obviously a Suzuki mill in it. I DO like that though. Seems like the make up on the Cat wheelers sure is a farce however.

-sb
Kick ass!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/rocking.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/hellyeahFireIcon.gif[/IMG][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/bobZilla.gif height=90 width=20[/img]
mnsnowboy

stop picking on polaris

Postby ZRT7c » August 17th, 2004, 12:58 pm

First sled ever built, in Canada
[green]STAY GREEN[/green]
[img]http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/502164/1.jpg[/img]
ZRT7c

stop picking on polaris

Postby SXR752 » August 17th, 2004, 2:05 pm

Carl Eliason built first snowmobile in Sayner Wisconsin in 1924...
sold his design to FWD Corp. in Clintonville Wisconsin.

Polaris Snow Travelers emerge in 1955 with the Arctic Cat 500 shortly thereafter.

Bombardier is the third company to surface in 1959.

Thats all taken from Snow Goer, so its the Bible!
SXR752

stop picking on polaris

Postby rtacat88 » August 18th, 2004, 7:48 am

I started this post just to see how many things were started by more then 1 company. No on here has a good answer to the timing question I can say that I have raced cat pol. and ski-doo.. in my many years.. and I do know that 1998 zr 440 and timming box located under the hood.. I still have one of these.. I also have a 2004 rev factory mod.. a 2004 rev stock 440, a 2003 sno-pro 440, a 2002 sno-pro fan 440. and a 2001 polaris fan 440. I also have a super sport so i own must of the top brands and the only think we can all agree on is that. who cares who started it it rocks and with out diferent brands what would we all have to talk about..

by the way the wife is a little mad that she can't park in the garage so if any one wants to buy and of the above sleds please let me know..
rtacat88

stop picking on polaris

Postby zrcat » August 18th, 2004, 8:01 am

[quote]No on here has a good answer to the timing question [/quote]
I didn't get that that's what you were looking for...CAT had the timing box first on the ZR440's. It was two years before poo had thier version. CAT almost launched a suit, but poo's PR claimed it was different. The rumor was that CAT traded off with Poo for the right to use.

Poo also stole the EZ adjust front arm for the skid. CAT did make poo remove from the xcr440's that had them. Only a handfull of xcr440's got produced with them.
zrcat

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers