Subscribe Today

The new guy response to Getting B.s for the 550 mile rides

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby pjsrevx600h.o » September 12th, 2004, 3:56 pm

Maybe if you guys would get your Azz out of the bars you would be suprised how fast the miles rack on. And when your only 17 you cant really drink so you just keep riding.
How you Doo'IN. Bring on ole man Winter.
pjsrevx600h.o

Postby YFZRX » September 12th, 2004, 4:43 pm

Kawicat 210 mils we do that before lunch. You guys need to get out of bed or your always working on your sleds LOL.
Ryan Pollow
YFZRX

Postby snofisher » September 12th, 2004, 4:48 pm

I have been on several 300 mile plus days. I know for a fact that 500 plus days have been done by some club members here. I know that a couple of guys took off at 1201 am with there sleds full and had extra gas with them and they rode till 1159 pm only stoping for gas and got in almost 800 ? miles. they have the gas receits to show when they fueled. they each spent around $400 bucks for gas. they planned the route to get them to towns with 24 hour gas stops and used the extra gas they had when needed. the group I ride with rode 1040 miles in 6 days of riding in wisconsin (sunday to friday) thats a average of 173 miles per day. we had a couple days over 200 and some under 150. we might have bumped it up if we would have rode on the saturday we got to hayward but it was late and the old guys did not want to ride that night on rutted weekend trails. when the trails are good miles are easy to get, unless you spend all your time in the bar. here in iowa we do not get the snow or have the trail system like up north so when we get there we ride, we can go drinking in bars at home.
the first major trip I took was from boulder junction wisc to lake of the clouds mich. it took all day, we left at 6:30 am to 9:30 pm and we rode about 300 miles and that was back in 1985.
snofisher

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers