Subscribe Today

Long trip + ZR900 = Many problems

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Xtreme XC » September 13th, 2004, 11:38 am

In the new Nov. issue of snowgoer, page 60. Four of the crew set off on 3 Pol's and a ZR900. The only sled to have problems was the ZR, from missing suspension bolts, to blown belts, to smoking failing EFI control units, to finally being towed. Interesting story for you Cat boys! Hey, on a good note, they swapped it with a F6 and it apparently finished off the trip without problems! Amazing huh?!
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby NorthernSkunk » September 13th, 2004, 11:40 am

That is some crew that heads out on a extended ride without checkin their suspension bolts. Makes ya kinda wonder just how credible their writings might be eh.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Smack » September 13th, 2004, 11:42 am

On a new sled?? Wouldn't the "famous for excellent service" Cat Dealer have already done that??
Smack

Postby Xtreme XC » September 13th, 2004, 11:44 am

...or Cat themselves. A buddy of mine bought a new ZR8 in '02. Went with him to pick it, got it back home and up on a lift and found a front suspension spindal bushing missing... that's nice to know.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby NorthernSkunk » September 13th, 2004, 11:47 am

You guys leave everythin like that up to your dealer?

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby sueperdave » September 13th, 2004, 11:50 am

Well, there is no way it could be the sleds fault!

Hey skunk, when jump in your truck, do you torque your wheel bolts every trip to make sure they don't fall off?

I rarley check the fasteners on my sled because all the miles and sleds I have had I have NEVER had one come loose.

You arctic sheep have this happenn all the time with this******so you think its normal, and when someone has a problem, it is the operator error. I'm sure if you get your tool kit out after/before every ride on those chitboxes you will lessen the chance of a breakdown, but I want to ride not wrench.

Someone no doubt is going to add here that I not a true sledder if I'm not wrenching. LOL
sueperdave

Postby pjsrevx600h.o » September 13th, 2004, 11:52 am

I like the looks of cat and the power but man they have problems. My buddy has an 04 f6 and hes blown an exhaust pipe, a clutch. Ran out of oil thinking it sucked as much as my doo but it sucked a ton more.
it also melted the insulation stuff on the bottom side of the hood and the stuff was melted all over his pipe and cylinder block.
How you Doo'IN. Bring on ole man Winter.
pjsrevx600h.o

Postby Smack » September 13th, 2004, 11:58 am

[quote]You guys leave everythin like that up to your dealer?[/quote]

On a brand new sled?? Damn right!! It better be set up right if I just plunked down 6 to 11 grand on it.

Shiit, when I get a fricking burger at Burger King, I pretty much count on the pimply kid (RWL) to get all the ingredients right. A whopper meal is only about 4 bucks.
Smack

Postby NorthernSkunk » September 13th, 2004, 12:02 pm

4 bucks and extra's you couldn't begin to fathom.

NorthernSkunk

Postby Snotcicles » September 13th, 2004, 1:38 pm

C'mon Skunk, I'm a tuebor cattus same as the next pride member but this******has got to stop on these sleds. Have'nt read the article yet so don't know all the facts but suspension bolts falling out and eatin' belts don't bode well for a design that should be well past it's teething stages.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

Next

Return to Trash Talkers