Subscribe Today

170.4hp and 118 foot lbs of torque 05 MACHZ 1000

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby snirt » December 6th, 2004, 8:02 am

[quote]if cat had released the mach the sheep would be to busy whacking it to type.[/quote]

what's this? a cat rider who isn't a sheep? i was beginning to think your species was extinct, luv.

don't worry, i know your pain.... remember "ski-doo-rules"?
it's not your fault.
snirt

Postby MXZErick » December 6th, 2004, 8:57 am

I hear you there, luv. Now that I have a Mach, I suppose people will look at me the same way they do you, too bad for them. I bought mine for trail riding and I look forward to running against some of the others for grins. Hey tcat, it's the the whole booty kicking package that counts, not just the engine!
MXZErick

Postby tcat2 » December 7th, 2004, 5:00 am

[quote][quote]So ... it has taken Ski-doo 15 years to develop a sled that can compete with the TCat ... and 3 years after it went out of production. You think this is an accomplishment?[/quote]

did it take doo 15 years to figure out how to make 170hp? or did it take them that long to figure out how to make 170hp and SELL it? that is obviously where AC failed. if they could sell them and make money on them, you'd still be able to buy a Tcat today.

sure cat did it 15 years ago, but with a triple. triples have fallen out of favor for trail riding due to their excessive bulk. doo did it on their latest and greatest chassis, in a lightweight package, with a lightweight twin.[/quote]

Actually, You just made my point about Ski-Doo without realizing it. Thanks,

Cat dropped the TCat in favor of the F-7 for exactly those reasons. The F-7 is the latest greatest chassis, in a lightweight package ... and they did that 3 years before Skidoo too. Sad that it takes Ski-Doo a 300CC advantage to compete with the little F-7.

OH ...AND ... They sold a lot of ZRT's and TCats. Just as Ski-Doo sold a fair number of triples too, But with the trend being lighter and less expensive, they dropped the Triples. And rightly so. Simply put, it cost's more to manufacture a triple than a twin sled. So you have to charge more. People have priorities, and money usually drives their decisions. Why continue building expensive old technology, when the less expensive new Technology is better? Isn't that why Ski-Doo dropped the real Mach Z? Cat saw the handwritting on the wall years before Ski-Doo did.

Lastly ... It is obvious that you do not ride in Areas where the triples still rule, where ditchbangers are useless. Nice wide open areas where riders are hanging on to their Old Triple (REAL) MachZ'S, XCR's, SRX's and TCats, as opposed to the Rev's and Firecats. Triples did sell ... in area's where they were the best thing for the trails. In powder and on trails that mimic snowcross tracks they aren't the best. Like I mentioned earlier, Ski-Doo hung on to their triple longer.

Oh, if you are gonna get into that REV Vs Firecat issue, Don't. Rex's are good for what they were built for, but they aren't the saviors of the snowmobile world.

And Track . Wishfull thinking ... take off the blinders and read again ... Never happened.
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Postby snirt » December 7th, 2004, 7:54 am

ok, let's see.

"Cat dropped the TCat in favor of the F-7 for exactly those reasons."
cat replaced the aging ZR chassis with the Fcat chassis. it had nothing to do with the outgoing triples. just like doo replaced the aging ZX chassis with the REV chassis. nice try though.

"Sad that it takes Ski-Doo a 300CC advantage to compete with the little F-7." well, i think i can find quite a few REV 800 owners who would disagree. i think a 100cc advantage does the trick. time will tell, but i don't think the F7 is in the same stratosphere as the mach as far as lake-racers go.

"They sold a lot of ZRT's and TCats" sure they did. but times have changed and AC has been left out in the cold. they used to have the undesputed champ: fastest, most HP, most cc's. now they own none of these titles. just a fastest 700 twin (and only 700 twin)

"Cat saw the handwritting on the wall years before Ski-Doo did." ? ok, i guess they got rid of their triples a year before doo. but what did cat give their customers to replace them? a fast ditchbanger. with the new mach z, doo has given their lake-racing customers something to replace the old triples: the largest cc engine available with the most HP. so do you still think cat got over on doo here? if so, you might just push those green glasses down on your nose a little and look at the world in a new way.

"It is obvious that you do not ride in Areas where the triples still rule, where ditchbangers are useless." you're right. i ride in northern michigan/the UP. the trails are carpet bombed by noon on saturday. all the HP in the world isn't any fun if you can't take the bumps, and lugging a heavy sled thru that junk is no fun. good suspension along in a light, nimble, balanced and quick sled are the recipe for fun here.
snirt

Postby MXZMachs » December 7th, 2004, 9:49 am

Listen to all the wineing comin from team green. Nothing like being on top. I can see all those f7,zr9,tcat,f8,zrt guys with sad faces already. I predict it be a banner year for MachZ sales in 06'. Looking for a used f7 cheap.... wait till next year.

Why u say? AC can't get thier big block engine to stop cracking the sled in half..... another fine develpoment for AC. Put another rivit in-her......
MXZMachs

Postby FastFirecat » December 7th, 2004, 1:10 pm

[quote]Listen to all the wineing comin from team green. Nothing like being on top. I can see all those f7,zr9,tcat,f8,zrt guys with sad faces already. I predict it be a banner year for MachZ sales in 06'. Looking for a used f7 cheap.... wait till next year.

Why u say? AC can't get thier big block engine to stop cracking the sled in half..... another fine develpoment for AC. Put another rivit in-her......[/quote]

Ha, when was the last time Ski-doo had the fastest sled out there? yea thats what i thought. Also i predict that your so called being on top wont last for very long. The brands are VERY competitive and once someone has something out fast, they release what they have been working on. Predict a mid-year release from Cat in the M-chassis(big cc) and also predict a Higher horsepower 4-stroke sled from Yamaha. It'll come out soon.
03 KFX(little mods)
03 F7(heavily modded)
01 Snopro Open Mod
FastFirecat

Postby tcat2 » December 10th, 2004, 8:57 pm

[quote]ok, let's see.

"Cat dropped the TCat in favor of the F-7 for exactly those reasons."
cat replaced the aging ZR chassis with the Fcat chassis. it had nothing to do with the outgoing triples. just like doo replaced the aging ZX chassis with the REV chassis. nice try though."

*** You might have a point there. BUT, I don't find it any coincidence that the "F" chassis can not accomodate a tripple. The decision was made that a smaller fastr 2 cylinder machine was what the consumer wanted.

"Sad that it takes Ski-Doo a 300CC advantage to compete with the little F-7." well, i think i can find quite a few REV 800 owners who would disagree. i think a 100cc advantage does the trick. time will tell, but i don't think the F7 is in the same stratosphere as the mach as far as lake-racers go.

*** Funny, the 800 REV owners I know are not happy with the fact that they are getting slapped by a 700 ... no matter what the brand. Including the F-7 and the SRX.

"They sold a lot of ZRT's and TCats" sure they did. but times have changed and AC has been left out in the cold. they used to have the undesputed champ: fastest, most HP, most cc's. now they own none of these titles. just a fastest 700 twin (and only 700 twin).

*** "Left Out in the cold?" And you have proof of this??? Get your head out of you BUTT ... The Mach Z has yet to hit the snow in any meaningfull numbers. 1000CC's means nothing if It can't beat a 700cc machine .... or a 15 year 1000cc old engine design. You obviously have not been keeping track of "Market Share." Arctic Cat ... as well as Ski-Doo has gained Market Share each of the last 3 years. Take off the blinders

"Cat saw the handwritting on the wall years before Ski-Doo did." ? ok, i guess they got rid of their triples a year before doo. but what did cat give their customers to replace them? a fast ditchbanger. with the new mach z, doo has given their lake-racing customers something to replace the old triples: the largest cc engine available with the most HP. so do you still think cat got over on doo here? if so, you might just push those green glasses down on your nose a little and look at the world in a new way.

"It is obvious that you do not ride in Areas where the triples still rule, where ditchbangers are useless." you're right. i ride in northern michigan/the UP. the trails are carpet bombed by noon on saturday. all the HP in the world isn't any fun if you can't take the bumps, and lugging a heavy sled thru that junk is no fun. good suspension along in a light, nimble, balanced and quick sled are the recipe for fun here.[/quote]

*** Thanks Snirt .. your last paragraph says it all ... you don't ride where tripples rule. Clueless is no way to go through life.
The MachZ has yet to hit the snow in any meaningfull trials. Notice I said "trials", not "trails" It's all speculation at this point.

I repeat. Polaris, Ski-Doo and Arctic Cat dropped their tripples due to consumer demand, primarily due to price, and of course the trend to lighter sleds.

All has yet to be seen. Even If ... and I say IF ... the MachZ can compete with the 15 year old technology of the Thundrcat, it is no great acomplishment. Just Ski-Doo finally starting to compete with old technology.

FYI - I would be mildly impressed if the 1000cc Mach Z was even able to compete with the 800 MachZ tripple. Even the "OLD" MachZ Tripple has more potential than the 1000cc Twin.
tcat2

Postby rev800bL » December 11th, 2004, 6:15 am

sounds like tcat is a little worried all your post are just blah blah blah blah blah blah blah , funny you said a 700 srx can beat an 800 rev thats odd my buddie has a newer not sure what year srx 700 and i beat him every time and never had a poblem with a f7 hmm kinda strange, but its obvious that your just a lazy ass that just worries about lake racing how boring.
rev800bL

Postby tcat2 » December 11th, 2004, 8:06 pm

Actually, I'm just waiting for the opportunity to run a new MachZ in real world conditions. If I get beat ... Oh Well, It was bound to happen sooner or later. I also have 2 TCats ... the 1998 and 2002. If the new MachZ can beat the 1998 Tcat, I'll be impressed. That sled is still 100% stock with the exception of studs, and no stock sled has come close yet.

Considering fact that the Tcat has been out of production for 3 years now ... And it has taken Ski-Doo 15 years to come up with a sled that "Might" compete with the TCat ... It's not something to brag about.

Quite Honestly, I'm really surprised that the "Doo" crowd is putting so much faith in an untested sled. As stated before, I'd be surprised if the New 1000cc MachZ can keep up with the "Real MachZ" 800 tripple, much less a TCat.

You "Doo" guys better dam well pray the MachZ can beat a TCat ... or else Ski-Doo will be the laughing stock of the snowmobile world.
tcat2

Postby Johnny Skeptical » December 12th, 2004, 1:13 am

But Cat themselves don't have anything to beat the Tcat either so whats your point? An SRX triple still beats bigger twins too, you can't compare the two engine types. Stick to comparing the new Mach to the ZR900, apples to apples ya know:)
[img]http://pics.greatestjournal.com/userpic/11908820/671512[/img]
BEFORE YAMAHA...
Johnny Skeptical

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers