Subscribe Today

Yet another recall for the O5 machz?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby cromejob » February 10th, 2005, 2:20 pm

Go buy a ZR 900 then.
[COLOR=#ff3300]If it is Orange.....it has to be good![/COLOR]
cromejob

Postby polarcat racing » February 10th, 2005, 3:18 pm

your just p1ssed because firecats are waxing your a$$ maybe if they went back to the zr chassis every other manufacture would have a chance to cross the line first or if you could get by my roost you could see the checkers first................NOT!
polaris has power cats have motocross feel screw revs and rx 1 tons
polarcat racing

Postby Big Native » February 10th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Actually
All the new Mach Z's use a ring gear, e-start or not. (acts as a vibration dampner)
Remember the delay on units shipped in Nov./Dec.? They were being fitted with a ring gear and have a stud ground off under the engine that could rub on a coolant line.

FYI Nobody recieved any sled with "the wrong pistons." Never happened to anybodies sled. No recalls of that kind have ever been made.

They found out about the bad ring gears on the other sleds about the same time if I remember. Maybe some of the same ring gears used on the machs were out of the same bad batch they used before? I don't know for sure.

Anyway, this is the 1st recall, and it has nothing to do with engine peformance. There is a big difference between a service bulletin and a recall, just ask anyone who ownes a Firecat. It only has pages and pages of "service bulletins" and only a "few recalls".

As it stands now, the new Mach has 2 service bulletins, (rubbing hose, and decompression plugs, and the one recall that only affects certain models made at a speciffic time.

This is a 1st year sled after all. It's not a Firecat that seems to have the same problems year in and year out since it was introduced. :)
Big Native

Postby NorthernSkunk » February 10th, 2005, 5:33 pm

I have a zr....lol
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers