Subscribe Today

I am a terrible parent !!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby F3600 » July 6th, 2005, 5:08 pm

If the Tree Cop was doing his job the way common sense dictates there wouldn't be any drunks or crazy's on the trail to injure you or your children. Nothing like him proving to you that he's either too lazy or inept to enforce the law against the real problems on the trail, instead he goes for the easy target.

Glad to hear you had a good time with the family, that $75 will seem like small potato's in another 7-10 years when they are both grown.
[red]POLARIS - If its in the race, its on top the podium[/red]
F3600

Postby XC800SP » July 6th, 2005, 8:23 pm

Kind of hard to grab the drunks and crazys when you ride around in a 2 wheel drive Ford expedition and stick to the blacktop.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/XC800SP/boobsswaggin.gif[/IMG]
XC800SP

Postby SnowHawg » July 7th, 2005, 1:04 pm

You know what he was think'in "Damn downstate folk coming out in MY woods I'll show him how we do things up here!" Just some mentality of some of the DNR up there.... not all but some.
[COLOR=#000066]Second place just means you're the first loser.[/COLOR]
[b]'11 ?????
'04 800 XCSP
'94 500 Indy Trail[/b]
[IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/Snowhawg/shawg1.jpg[/IMG]
SnowHawg

Postby MAGNYS » July 7th, 2005, 1:17 pm

It sucks you got the ticket
but its always the same on here everybody that get caught blames the cop or dnr
if somebody else`s kid would have lost control and hit you it would be the cops fault for letting them ride or not enforcing the law!
you gambled and got caught, no big deal! nobodys fault.
next time go deeper into the sticks.
BTW XC theres worse thing you could be doing then spending time with the family out in the woods.
Theres nothing like a shorn scrotum, it`s breathtaking I suggest you try it.
MAGNYS

Postby Anchor rope » July 7th, 2005, 4:50 pm

I was riding the ATV trails in Oscoda michigan two years ago when I came apon a DNR officer on the trail in his Chevy pickup truck (there are signs everywhere telling you it is illegal to be on the ATV trails in a truck). I pulled over to let him by and he stopped to hassle me (the trail was barely wide enough for his truck) He proceeded to jam a stick up the silancer on my obviously stock ATV exhaust. I asked him what he was doing and he stated that "most of us ATV riders take the spark arester out of the muffler and he is going to make sure I don't burn the forest down." When he left I told him the reason it is illegal to drive your truck on an ATV trail is because it is too wide and you can kill someone with it. He told me he was the law and he can do what ever he wants.

In Michigan, the DNR is the sportsman's worst enemy.
Anchor rope

Postby XC800SP » July 7th, 2005, 10:06 pm

Im not complaining about the ticket, don't read that far into it. Im complaining about the lecture about how Im a bad parent. LOL I knew I was going to get a ticket eventually, took em 2 years to get me this first time, and it most likely won't be the last ticket I get for enjoying the trail system with my whole family. BTW...It was the forest service cop, not the DNR. Had it been the DNR, she might have listened to what I was saying. Not that I would not have gotten a ticket, she might have been a little more open minded.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/XC800SP/boobsswaggin.gif[/IMG]
XC800SP

Postby M10rules » July 8th, 2005, 1:52 am

XC, I've found that the NFS Law Enforcement are easier going normally. You just happened to find one with a stick up their arse. The officer for the Northwest part of the lower pennisula is cool guy. He came to Blessing of the Jeeps with other NFS personnel couple years ago and had a blast. Hes snowmobilers, ATVer, Hunter, etc...and will let most things like that slide...

Find the District Rangers office up there and give them a call complaining about the lecture :B Not sure how much they would do about it but they might get on her case about it.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby Randy'sMoM aka RWL » July 8th, 2005, 1:58 am

I got a ticket once from "The Man"while walking my son Randy in a dog park.They said just because i had a leash did'nt make my son a dog.So i told them that he fetches really good and i threw a stick and Randy ran off after it.While we were waiting for the dog..er Randy to come back i asked that cute officer for his phone number so i could break a piece of that schitt off.Out of no where Randy comes back and starts humping his leg,Randy blew any chances of me getting my freak on with that tube steak.
Randy'sMoM aka RWL

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers