Subscribe Today

I am a terrible parent !!!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby XC800SP » July 6th, 2005, 9:15 am

Spent a great weekend up at the camper for the 4th of July...until Sunday. Loaded up the 4 wheelers on the trailer and went over to the trail head. My wife rides a Yamaha Blaster, Both daughters (10 and 7) ride Polaris 90's, and I have a 700 Sportsman. Rode around 8 miles till the forrest service law man stopped me. Chewed me azz for endangering the lives of my family by having them out on these trails with all the crazys and drunks. Called me a bad parent, can you believe that ? In all the miles we have driven on the trail system, we have never experienced any reckless or unsafe operation by any of the others we have encountered. Everyone I have seen has been safe and courteous when approching us. Johnny law wrote me a ticket for having underage children riding the trail system. Im Michigan, your children have to be 12 to ride the trails on 4 wheelers, but no age restrictions if they ride dirt bikes. My kids have taken the MATVA atv safety course and are very fluent on the safe operation of their quads. They have been riding for 2 years now and have ridden many miles in the Mio area and a ton of miles in the U.P. I knew the law and the age restriction thing and fully expected the ticket. I wasn't going to let that stop me from spending quality time with my family. Fine for the ticket is 75.00. NO BIGGIE, but for this tree cop to lecture me about being a bad parent is amazing. I had to leave the family on the trail and ride bak to get the truck. I knew the ticket was coming eventually as I was breaking the (LAW) by having them ride, but the lecture, what a moron !
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/XC800SP/boobsswaggin.gif[/IMG]
XC800SP

Postby Randy'sMoM aka RWL » July 6th, 2005, 9:23 am

You should follow the law,when my son Randy was younger we alowed him to ride his Green Machine before he was old enough and he flipped it after hitting my box of Masingil and he fractured his head.Now all he does is sit in the basement and talk to his friends at Snownews.Im thanksful he has you understanding people as friends.
Randy'sMoM aka RWL

Postby kenlacy » July 6th, 2005, 9:27 am

I'd have givin him a little lecturin on being an excellent idiot! As long as you ride with your kids behind you and another adult at the tail end - it should be no big deal!
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby mach1mikeM1M » July 6th, 2005, 9:45 am

I would have given him a lecture and guilt trip back.Though theese days you might have pissed off Johnny Law and taken the back of a Glock to the back of the head.
Randy's Mom,nice to have you around.Im glad to see Randy's good with his teeth.
mach1mikeM1M

Postby RWL » July 6th, 2005, 9:52 am

..Gave up on the "gay" angle trash huh cuz? ha,ha,ha,ha............
"on a still summer's night you can hear the ring's flake in a rotax engine" :o
RWL

Postby mach1mikeM1M » July 6th, 2005, 9:54 am

Never baby you know your my snook'em wook'ems.
mach1mikeM1M

Postby snofisher » July 6th, 2005, 10:25 am

are you two the ambiguosly(sp) gay duo? or are you kissing cousins?
snofisher

Postby SuZQ213 » July 6th, 2005, 10:42 am

I think in the Allegheny's kids have to be 10 and have the safety cert... however, most of the DNR are so thankful for the revenue us quad riders bring in to help them maintain the trails ($35 a year as PA no longer supports the National Forest trails), they sort of look the other way unless a major transgression has occurred. I can't believe they called you a bad parent! Sounds like he must've been one of those wonderful treehugger DNR people that hate everything gasoline powered (or else he was jealous you didn't offer him a ride).

Unfortunately, they shuffle these idiots around from year to year -- hope I never run into him!
SuZQ213

Postby Spuds » July 6th, 2005, 12:18 pm

I saw a man beat another over the head with a flashlight
Keepin the flipper wicked since 1978
Spuds

Postby mnsnowboy » July 6th, 2005, 12:54 pm

LMFAO Spuds, way to lighten the mood. That blows about the fine. I know a couple game wardens around here and YES they would have written a ticket for that, which I do agree with (the law IS the law and you are admitting that) but to pretend to be some sort of counselor is NOT his job. So what happens when they are legal to ride the trails? Is he going to stop you again and tell you not to do it anyway? See that's what pizzes me off. Ya almost feel like tellin em ta go pizz up a flagpole.

-sb
Kick ass!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/rocking.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/hellyeahFireIcon.gif[/IMG][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/bobZilla.gif height=90 width=20[/img]
mnsnowboy

Next

Return to Trash Talkers