Subscribe Today

Tell me about the '04 GTO

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby GThunda » July 31st, 2005, 3:43 pm

My wife's cousin has one. He took me out for a spin last night and I'm wondering what you guys think about it. It looks like a cheesy Neon with a nice hood (from the outside). The inside was comfy. Leather and suede was nice but not alot of room in the cab. Not many bells and whistles but it seemed to boogy. He said it had a V6 w/ 350 hp, is that right? It had a nice factory sound but I don't have much to compare it against.

Anyone else drive one?
GThunda

Postby Smack » July 31st, 2005, 4:01 pm

Wolf in Grand Am clothing. They rip. Thats a V8.
Smack

Postby zrcat » July 31st, 2005, 5:11 pm

bro, It's a V8 with gobs of power. It is NOT a GTO by any standards. GM insulted the NAME. but it is probably a fun go fast car.....You won't be impressing the babes though.
zrcat

Postby kenlacy » July 31st, 2005, 5:25 pm

GT - if you get one, let me know. I bet we could make it look good :) It is amazing what a set of wheels and doorhandles can do :)
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby Long time cat man » August 1st, 2005, 2:06 am

GM screwed up when they brought it to America from Australia as a replacement for the Trans Am. It has a nice ride, V-8 power, and IS considered a muscle car, but it's looks are lame. They thought they could dress it up a little and add a rear spoiler for "05", but they still won't sell very many. My dealer told me awhile ago they were leasing them for $170 a month with no money down. I would have driven an ugly car all summer for that kind of money!
Long time cat man

Postby GThunda » August 1st, 2005, 2:10 am

Don't worry, I'm not getting one. LT, you're car is much nicer looking than the Grand Am-Goat.

Ken, maybe you can "fiDDy" up my Ram?
GThunda

Postby Long time cat man » August 1st, 2005, 2:21 am

Ken just takes his to the homies and tells em to "Pimp my Ride" :C
Long time cat man

Postby CLAYDOG » August 1st, 2005, 2:25 am

[quote=zrcat]bro, It's a V8 with gobs of power. It is NOT a GTO by any standards. GM insulted the NAME. but it is probably a fun go fast car.....You won't be impressing the babes though.[/quote]

Sheeesh, It's exactly what the origanal GTO was, an other wise boreing mid size coupe with a hot V8 stuffed in it. Did it evolve into something else, yep, but it took a couple of years. This one will too givin the chance, I've seen the future and it is good.:B

GT The 04s have a 5.7liter/350hp V8 in them, the 05s get bumped up to 400hp.
CLAYDOG

Postby CLAYDOG » August 1st, 2005, 2:33 am

[quote=Long time cat man]GM screwed up when they brought it to America from Australia as a replacement for the Trans Am. It has a nice ride, V-8 power, and IS considered a muscle car, but it's looks are lame. They thought they could dress it up a little and add a rear spoiler for "05", but they still won't sell very many. My dealer told me awhile ago they were leasing them for $170 a month with no money down. I would have driven an ugly car all summer for that kind of money![/quote]

John, do retirees have access to the P.E.P. program? I just got a smokin' deal on an Envoy at PEP 4, first time I've ever heard the term negative depreciation.
CLAYDOG

Postby GThunda » August 1st, 2005, 2:34 am

Thanks for the info Claydog. I tried to get him to turn off the traction control and roast the tires but he was too wimpy. Wouldn't you know it he worked for Polaris as an Engineer for 3 years. LOL
GThunda

Next

Return to Trash Talkers