Subscribe Today

So much for Yamahas F&F

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby FreezurBurnt » August 21st, 2005, 9:05 pm

The X-Fire is all cheesy plastic

Come on now have you seen or sat on a X-fire

Its made out of Fisher Price plastic and WTF is that thing they call a windshield

Now I see how they saved weight on these sleds

and Yes the Revs also are also cheesy plastic
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby Yamanator » August 22nd, 2005, 1:36 am

Why is it Snowgoer was the only rag to bash the monoshock? AmSnow said they prefered the Attack in the rough over the Renegade... So what is it? Those of us who test rode the new models all thought they were solid. If you are heavier you simply order the heavier spring. Why does no one use common sense on this forum. I rarely check it anymore.

And the handlebar's being bad? Please, they took a page right out of cat's book. If you look at it they are very similar and a good setup. Snowgoer has always been overly critical of Yamaha.
Max out or black out.
Yamanator

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby treewhacker » August 22nd, 2005, 2:00 am

They constantly look at the biggest and best manufacturer to try to find fault.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby ArcticEd » August 22nd, 2005, 2:06 am

Not all of us wear blue colored glasses here in the "real world"......
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby InjuredXC » August 22nd, 2005, 2:11 am

Make no mistake, with the rising fuel costs and over-all maintenance, the attack is a good choice. That being said, it's a '03 RX1 with a serious list of allterations, most good ideas.

That being said, aint no RX1 keeping up with and experienced REV/ZX Renegade in your average trail situation. Drag racing is completely over-rated with the Genesis to. If 4 strokes are your thing, go grab one as you won't be dissapointed. The new Nytro with honest to goodness 600cc performance.. is a GOOD buy.. I'd still take a REV X BumbleBee 550...FUN FACTOR. 4 strokes just aren't my thing.
InjuredXC

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby cromejob » August 22nd, 2005, 2:20 am

Smurf Goggles Ed, Smurf Goggles! Nothing could ever leave Japan sub-standard, just ask MM700.
[COLOR=#ff3300]If it is Orange.....it has to be good![/COLOR]
cromejob

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby Smack » August 22nd, 2005, 2:22 am

[quote=M10rules]"Fit and Finish around the Crossfire's tank and console is nearly perfect."

"Fit and Finish of the Apex and Attack handlebar are is sub-standard..."

How about suspension...

"Mono-Shock RA bottoms out too easily on large bumps." Sounds familiar Ken :W

"Sno-Pro suspensions are calibrated so stiff that they don't allow full use of travel." I love it!!! Need stiff suspension for a fatazz like me!!![/quote]

That can't be Matt. Whacker just told me that Yamaha had the best suspension in the biz. :E
Smack

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby kenlacy » August 22nd, 2005, 2:35 am

I think Yamaha did take a page out of the AC book with the handlebars - there was an apex at the grass drags - the handlebar area looked like******compared to past models.

yamanator - you might want to stick with the RX1 site - they will all agree with you all of the time if you have only good things to say :)

I am sure Yamaha did not tell Snowgoer to use a heavier spring for heavier riders - as they told none of us who bought one - that would make sense why they had issues. Had Yamaha pulled their heads out of their butts and made sure to setup the suspesnions (or at least give some insight as to setting up the sleds) for the test riders weights, then they might not have picked on it.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby Snotcicles » August 22nd, 2005, 2:46 am

Here's a couple lines from snow-tech for ya Yamanator, hopefully it don't fog up your goggles. Talkin' bout the Ape x...The rear suspension is capable, but not the only game in town. A Firecat it is not, so you're better off keeping it on the ground, with airtime at a minimum. Sep.2005 issue.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

So much for Yamahas F&F

Postby YamaDooed » August 22nd, 2005, 2:49 am

There must be some weed induced confusion somewhere cuz I've never heard the word Arctic Cat and quality used in the same sentence unless POS was used as a prefex...
YamaDooed

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers